Steve's S13 Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by steve109, Nov 12, 2012.

1. steve109

steve109 Member

Cheers Adam, I kept the abs mc and just put a T in the front line to go to the other front brake. Had no problems with it worked a treat. My mc only had two outputs, F and R

2. Adamround123

Adamround123 Member

right ok that's how I thought the logical way would be to do it but other people seem to think differently, taking brake load and distribution to the 4 corners and that but if you've had no problems in using a split in the front line then Ill give it a try :)

3. steve109

steve109 Member

Yeah worked fine for me didn't really notice too much difference, but my abs had not been working since I bought it!

4. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

awesome, havent really been on here for a few months and this was the only build i really remembered. If i ever get another 13 this is exactly what i would do. keep ya it!

5. steve109

steve109 Member

Cheers mate, been a long wait to get it back on the road and still got tonnes to do. Want it driftable by August at the very latest!

6. steve109

steve109 Member

Some pictures..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I now have, spec1 rb25det standard
    Rb25det gearbox
    Front subframe
    Clutch/flywheel
    Front half of the prop
    ECU and full loom

Pretty pleased with it, looks like it's done around 100,000km from the labels on the cambelt cover, but they're in Japanese so could be wrong.

Looks like it's very unmolested, which is good, but the clutch and fly look a little worn. Might change them before putting it in but not sure on funds yet.

I'll be swapping the plenum over before installing it and will be giving it a good once over. Can't wait to get stuck in now

7. steve109

steve109 Member

Ordered a braiding set for the wiring I'll be doing to keep it nice and neat which turned up today. Will probably try it out on the coil pack loom first and a few other small bits to get some practice before I use it on the loom conversion

[​IMG]

8. steve109

steve109 Member

So spent a little time on this today, took the covers off and inspected repairs I've already done to make sure they've held up with the weather. Some surface spots of rust in places but the majority looks very good.

It's the first time I've been inside it in around 5 months, or even looked inside... Unfortunately it's grown a bit of mould on the seat lets, handbrake and door cards. It should wash out but wasn't what I wanted today. Looks like the sunroof is the offending part letting water in..

I was hoping to do a bit or rust repair but I thought I'd start by completely removing the loom from the car so I can strip out everything that is unnecessary like abs etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will clear out all the rubbish that's currently in the car, old manifold, gearbox mounts etc loads of random stuff in there atm..

Ordered freddy plenum, turbo elbow and downpipe that should all be turning up within the next week or so

anyways more next weekend probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#168 steve109, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  9. noss

noss Member

Man, this is serrrriously cool! Will be awesome with RB and Type-x.

Edit: I made an account on here just so I could tell you that^

10. steve109

steve109 Member

Cheers Noss, I frigging hope so!

#170 steve109, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  11. steve109

steve109 Member

So these turned up today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And something to fix all the bolts that snapped, a rivnut/nutsert tool meaning I can drill out all the shit bolts and replace with a shiny threaded nutsert and new bolts..

[​IMG]

\o/

#171 steve109, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  12. steve109

steve109 Member

Had a little time this weekend, manifold turned up so I've started to test fit everything

[​IMG]

Little more stretched than I was expecting being brand new.. But test fitting commenced

Old mani off

[​IMG]

New on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using the standard fuel rail, but doing a few little modifications to make it look a little neater, which I'll document later on.

Also removed an unneeded water feed instead of blocking off, just cut and smoothed down the pipework and then slid water hose further up.

Original
    [​IMG]

Removed and ground down
    [​IMG]

Pipe refitted
    [​IMG]

Also test fitted my turbo elbow, needed to grind down a little of the separator for the exhaust and waste gate gasses as it was too tight. Also snapped an elbow bolt which is a real pain in the ass. But I test fitted it none the less..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is to modify the wiring loom fir the RB so it reaches some of the plugs that have moved due to the inlet manifold.

Modify the injector loom to suit new positions

Drill out the exhaust stud.. And tidy up some of the hoses and the fuel rail pipe

13. steve109

steve109 Member

Fully stripped the abs ECU wiring out and re-wrapped the entire interior loom. Just waiting on some solder so I can repair the stereo wiring and add in a few connectors for my fade in/out interior lighting loom I made a while back and also a loom for my gauges to make them all plug and play.

[​IMG]

Also finalised the fitment of the plenum, prepped all surfaces,gasket sealed them all and thread locked all bolts. The only problem I came to was the threaded bars that come out of the head actually bend when tightening due to the surface of the plenum not being flat, which is annoying but I noticed in time so I didn't over tighten them. Also quickly wiped off all the oily residue on the rockers from transport.. Much cleaner now

[​IMG]

Also gasket sealed in the water pipe insert as I didn't trust its Chinese fitment.. I also sealed all the threaded nipples and the coolant temp sensors into the plenum for the same reason.

[​IMG]

Also managed to get a partial refund on my plenum because of the scratches on the surface, which was handy because I also got my import tax bill for it last week..

[​IMG]

Need to get me some weld in nuts now so I can fix my sheared ones in the chassis, then hopefully I can start the rebuild process after a few days welding now the weathers improving...

#173 steve109, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  14. steve109

steve109 Member

So I've stripped the injector loom and extended it to suit its new position

Mocked it up

[​IMG]

New loom in the process.. all joints soldered, heatshrinked and cable braided or wrapped where I couldn't use the braiding because of plugs/wires etc as I didn't take the whole loom apart.

[​IMG]

That little cable holder thingy is literally the best thing..

Loom made up

[​IMG]

And fitted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Desperately need to clean up the fuel rail as its filthy..

15. Joss

Joss Member

Been following this for a while on SXOC, making good progress keep it up! :)

16. Fin

Fin Member

That cable holder thing saves your fingers! Mini helper that doesn't complain haha, That wiring is super neat dude, keep it up :D

17. steve109

steve109 Member

It really is a decent little purchase. Cheers man hopefully the rest will be similar

Started on the conversion ECU loom today, everything stripped and swapped over. Now since I'm going to run a tucked loom I'm going to run the main loom in the car rather than round the bay like usual as it is massive and not very neat.. So I've left the connections that are normally close to the afm closer to the ECU plug.

I'm going to pull my dash bar out set it up somewhere with my dash and start to hack that one up..

Now I do have a couple of wires I've not connected up, a yellow with silver dots that seems to run to the ac plug on the icv which is unused (apparently) since I'm not running ac and also two of the second tps sensor wires (as the tps I have has two connections one for the auto)

If anyone can confirm the above is correct that'd be a great help as I can't find my answer anywhere!

18. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

Enjoyed reading through this, Im sure the next stage with rb25 and kouki will be a nice combo

19. steve109

steve109 Member

Cheers man, hopefully it will whenever I get to finish it

20. steve109

steve109 Member

Well

I've just started to work on the shell and its 1000% worse the more I poke the more it falls apart.

I've literally just been able to pull the entire drivers sill off in my hands. I doubt I'll find a shell that's worth having for the money I now have left so everything will be going up for sale. As I definitely don't have the skills or time to do the work required to save the shell now..

If anyone wants anything before I start a for sale thread pm me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#180 steve109, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015