Street EVO X

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Unsp0kn, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Unsp0kn

Unsp0kn New Member

What's up guys, Ty from Tekin here. I'm just getting into the whole drift scene since RCX of this year and I can't believe how much fun it is! I love building the bodies and making them scale, probably my favorite thing about it. I'm working on getting a drift specific chassis, hopefully an MST, but for now I have been sliding around with my old XRay touring car. I built this EVO starting in about May and have been working on it here and there all summer. Here's the setup:

XRay T1 FK'05
    Tekin RS
    Tekin 10.5
    Tekin 2S 3400
    Hitec HSC 5996-TG
    Spektrum SR3300T
    HPI Evo X
    Volk TE37s +6 Black
    Dunlop Direzza SportZ1 T-Drifts
    Locked rear diff

Got the chassis converted over to T2 front knuckles, rear hubs, bearings and swingshafts! Ready for the disk brakes when they show up.
    Front knuckles are way smaller in height than the FK'05 ones so I added some spacers.
    [​IMG]

Full interior with the Stig driving! Still working on detailing that part out good.
    [​IMG]

And the reason I converted to T2 driveline parts, so I could install the Brembos![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got a few other bodies on working on too, check my other threads!

Ty

2. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Looking good Ty, you'll be amazed by the difference between using an old touring car and then switching to a drift specific chassis like our MST ones!
    I started on a Yokomo MR4 BD and once I switched, it was a different game!

3. Richardo_Diaz

Richardo_Diaz Member

I was using an Xray T1 for a while :) loved it, awesome starter chassis but mine got replaced by a Yokomo DIB haha! Theres some quality drift specific chassis' out there :)

4. Unsp0kn

Unsp0kn New Member

Yep I'm excited for sure! I wish we had a drift circuit around here, I'm trying to get something together with the locals (local being 100mi away, we are up hidden in the mountains.)

5. Impressive G

Impressive G New Member

That's sweet as. Very realistic

6. Richardo_Diaz

Richardo_Diaz Member

Where abouts are you there might be something near by :)

7. Unsp0kn

Unsp0kn New Member

I work for Tekin and we are in Idaho. Trust me I've checked, there really isn't anything around. Washington a little, more in California. We just drift on the carpet track here at the facility only 3-4 of us.

8. Richardo_Diaz

Richardo_Diaz Member

Ah right yeah.. I normally try to keep an eye on the American scene (both full size and RC) there really isn't a lot of drifting in Idaho at all... Much much more in California!