Subaru Impreza WRX PPP

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by turbopaul, Jul 17, 2016.

1. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

For sale is my 2001 Subaru Impreza WRX 2 litre turbo.

Very low mileage with just shy of 72k miles on the clock with lots of service history and old MOTs to prove it. It has an MOT until April 2017.

Arguably in the best colour for these, very good condition bodywork with only a couple of minor marks which do not detract from the overall look of the car. Inside is also very tidy, no rips or tears, very comfy and supportive adjustable seats. All electrics work as they should. It has an aftermarket Pioneer headunit with CD/MP3/AUX compatibility.

Service wise, the cambelt has been done last year so no need to worry about that for a long while. New clutch was fitted at the same time. It's had new rear brake discs and pads a few months ago. Fronts have plenty of life left in them. It had a general service with oil and fluids earlier this year. Tyres are good for a while yet; Toyo Proxes on the rear and Michelins on the front. It comes with the original wallet containing service book, loads of receipts, MOTs etc. There is also a spare key.

There are a fair few upgraded bits on this car, more than I even know about, but the bits that I do know; it has had the Prodrive Performance Pack fitted, it has been remapped, it has an aftermarket air filter, full stainless exhaust system (now with cat so it's not a problem for the MOT), STI intercooler, Forge dump-valve, quick-shift kit, TSL black mesh fog-light covers, twin headlamp conversion and STI bonnet vent and boot spoiler.

The wheels have just been professionally refurbished and powder coated in a dark anthracite grey colour. I've also had 4 wheel laser alignment done in the last couple of weeks.

The only issue which is worth mentioning is the gearbox is slightly noisy, only in 1st gear on over-run. It doesn't affect its operation at all, the gear changes are all very positive and tight and the noise happens so rarely it hasn't bothered me at all. I'm just being completely honest. If the worst was to happen and it needed a new gearbox at some point down the line, they can be picked up very cheap anyway.

Power wise, I don't know what it is running. However, having previously owned a single turbo Legacy B4 RSK which was 300bhp, this is easily as quick as that was, pulls extremely well through the gears with excellent handling to match.

Overall, it is a very good, honest example which looks the part in the right colour and goes equally well. Good ones of these are becoming few and far between and I'm sure will appreciate in value in the coming years.

Price is £3600. Located near Southampton. Any viewings/inspection welcome. Test drives will be done by me unless the money is in my hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member