Super clean PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by zombie, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

How much were the adapters if you don't mind me asking? This is looking good dude. That bit lower and tuck those wheels and it'll be mega!

2. zombie

zombie Active Member

They're the Driftworks ones. So £114 a pair I think.

3. CPL

CPL Member

Fully clean mate! Few mods thats look awesome!

4. zombie

zombie Active Member

So, bought some used Tein Ha's from Phil BLR off of here. Turned up this morning so I set out putting them on this evening. All went relatively well, although it confused me as to how you changed the right height on these, because the coilover doesn't screw into itself when you turn the collar, rather just moves the spring. Guess it changes the spring rate or preload at the same time and is an old way of doing it. Iirc these were replaced with the Super streets. Either way, got it in the end, and pretty happy with the ride height at the back.

Just waiting for DW to spend me some nuts that I was missing to put the last wheel on, a which point I can tackle the ride height at the front. Will be rolling these rear arches on the weekend. Hopefully can get away with just a light roll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Looking good mate an who says the basic postal service is shit lol

6. Dori_Zoku

Dori_Zoku Member

Looking sick mate, makes me miss mine :( think i need another haha, also the wheels work really well with the colour of the car.

7. zombie

zombie Active Member

So, I made a properly juvenile mistake earlier when going to fit my new nardi. When I got the car, it had an old momo on it, so without really thinking, I just ordered a pcd adapter from DW.

[​IMG]

I took the wheel off, fitted the adapter and then fit the Nardi. I soon discovered that the horn button wouldn't fit in the centre bore and assumed it was because of the momo boss. After about 20 minutes fucking around with it, I took the wheel and adapter back off, took a closer look for the first time, and realised there was ALREADY a spacer on here. Took that off, and Tada... a Nardi boss haha!

[​IMG]

So, I had essentially been trying to fit a wheel to a nardi adapter, to a momo adapter, to a nardi boss ha!

Once I realised my ridiculous mistake, I took it all off, and just straight up fitted the wheel and the horn. There will be a for sale thread for both of the adapters, in case anyone needs one!

[​IMG]

Whilst I was at it, fitted my Key!s racing knob.

[​IMG]

That head unit has a minidisk player behind it, turns out there is a badass Japanese punk album in there!

Just waiting for a new seat rail to turn up from Japan for my Bride Ergo as the company I bought it through ordered the wrong one :( and hopefully tomorrow, I'll have the last of the nuts turn up for the spacers after the mix up, so can fit the last wheel and lower the front end. Ready to roll the arches on the weekend. Then next week I hope my paperwork turns up, and it's good to go for now!

8. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Why don't you just take off the spacer? Looks like you don't really need them with these wheels. Rolling the arches will only cause paint to flake off, causing rust to your mint chassis. And that would be a shame.

9. zombie

zombie Active Member

Because they're 4-5 stud conversion spacers.

10. ElkWörks

ElkWörks Member

Minidisc! Badass. loved those things.

Really like where this car is going, keep it up man

11. S14LF

S14LF Member

Car sits real nice, where did you get the gear knob from?

12. zombie

zombie Active Member

Think it was from Nengun. Either there or RHD japan. Pretty sure it was the former though.

13. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Lol, not sure how I missed that :p. Car looks great by the way, new wheels make it look a million times better.

14. zombie

zombie Active Member

Thanks man. Would have preferred a proper 5 stud conversion. But it's a ballache and went with what I had at the time.

15. Albóndiga

Albóndiga Member

Yes, it seems to be on the way of a super clean car... BTW the dog is pretty funny! :)

16. zombie

zombie Active Member

So, set about tackling the rear arches today to get these wheels to fit properly.

[​IMG]

With the grateful help of my good friend, Badham, we started heating and hammering the lips in, before getting cracking with the roller. Also undersealed the arch whilst we were at it.

First time either of us have done this, so pretty happy with the results.

Levelled up the ride height on the rears too. Wanted to lower the fronts and dial in a little camber, but I was both tired and hungry, so that will have to wait for a couple of days. Should be sitting pretty once that's done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bimbo

bimbo Member

Looking sweet dude! Although your up side down pictures are slightly trippy.

18. zombie

zombie Active Member

They're the right way up on my phone, the right way up on photobucket, the wrong way round when I view the thread on my phone, and the right way up when I view it on my computer. Odd.

19. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

right way up on my computer..

20. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

Right way up on my phone. It's a conspiracy!!