Swiftcover insurance problems

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Mattyboi, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

Just got my FC through its MOT, got my insurance and popped down to the post office to tax it.

Took along my V5, my MOT cert and the insurance documents that swiftcover tell you to print from there website as the are an eco/low cost company and save paper and me money by not posting things and having all stuff done on its website or email.

When i get to the post office they wont accept the insurance documents i've got because its printed not posted. So i cant tax the car. I called swiftcover and they said its balls and it legal or they wouldnt be allowed to do it by the insurance regulators and that the post office are causing a problem by being old fashioned. Swiftcover are taking them to court at the moment over it. Tried two more post offices and as soon as they saw it was swiftcover they just said no :( I cant do it on the phone or net either bcause i only got the car a few days ago so isn't mine on the DVLA books yet.

Swiftcover have sent me a cover note, which is the same as i have here now, but it wont be here until tuesday or wednesday but i need the car now.

Anyone had this problem? What did you do?

Was thinking i could goto the post office and take my stuff, call swiftcover and get the to talk to the post office people and tell them its legal. Recon its a goer?

2. stueywalls1

stueywalls1 Member

Just tax it online or on the phone mate it will take 5 minutes. I know not being able to do it in the post office is a pain but if you need it then they are the route I would take.

3. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

I cant do tat as i'm not the registered keeper yet because the forms have only just been sent off to the DVLA because i've only had the car a few days. :(

4. stueywalls1

stueywalls1 Member

Oh bugger I see your problem. I guess you will have to wait until the official docs turn up unless you can get someone with traders insurance to put it on for you.

5. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

i use my works colour printer on high quality and fold it so it looks like its come from an envelope

never had an issue

i must have taxed 20 cars this way

6. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

I'll have to try again with it folded like that, and if it all fails i'll call swiftcover while i'm in there.

7. matt

matt -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

any laser printer will fool 'em. shit, it even fools the 5-0:D

think back to your schoolboy sicknote fraudster days, fold it like its been posted, stick holes in like it was stapled, then tell them to fuck themselves if they still won't accept it.

8. WelshMart

WelshMart Member

Matt, when you print off the swiftcover documents there is a letter attached to it explaining that the post office must accept it, take that along.

I recently taxed mine, am also with swiftcover, in the post office in Sinfin by ASDA try there as I had no problems with them.

9. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

was going to say, just keep trying different post offices, sure someone wont notice..

10. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

I took that letter with it an they still said no!! Buggers.

I'll try the sinfin one tomorrow, and the staple trick on the way at the local one.

11. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

if your still knackered i can do it with my insurance fella

12. Lover

Lover 'El Pos'

You get it sorted dude?

13. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

Not yet dude, turns out the lazy post office feckers all had a day off today so i'm going to have to wait until tuesday, least my posted cover note should be here by then.