Team Lucky's Eunos Drift Missile

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by -Tommy., Nov 16, 2013.

1. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Well here it goes...

After owning an assortment of skid cars in the S13, S14, E36 variety, my money had run dry for skids. After selling up and driving around in a poverty spec Micra for a time, I saved up enough to get a Eunos, and see what the fuss is about.

After wasting many hours viewing a couple of wrecks, a quick round trip in the dark, and I come back home with this beauty...

[​IMG]

1.6 Eunos Roadster 'S Special' with long tax and mot and a wedge of service history for £600. If you're wondering what the 'S Special' part means, it's the slightly less gay option from factory, with an LSD, personal blitz wheel and the 1.8 strut bracing as standard.

[​IMG]

Not to waste any time, the car is getting a full service and cambelt change etc., custom bucket seat fit, diff sorted and proper alignment at DSI in time for Lydden Hill on the 30th where it's booked for it's first skid day, and my first day at Lydden.

Stock 1.6 hero skid/crash pics to follow..

This is going to be interesting! :wack:

2. Adam.

Adam. Member

Looks clean man! Get some lock spacers and some half decent coilovers :) Also mine had an 'lsd' fitted, it would lock the wheels and do burnouts but it was really unpredictable so I welded it. Muuuuchhhh better now.

3. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Thanks man, it's pretty tidy! On the lookout for some decent coilovers.. but thought i'd make do with it in its stock form for now, see what takes priority!

Are you booked in for Lydden?

4. Gooly

Gooly Member

Looks fun! Good to see you back in a RWD

5. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Cheers buddy should be fun. Got many days booked?

6. Lucky 86

Lucky 86 Member

How did the drift day go?

7. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

It's this Saturday bud. I'll be sure to have an update afterwards :)

8. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Got it back from DSI today after its assortment of mods. Had to drive half way round London to get an open 1.8 eunos diff for attack as the LSD wasn't having any of it.

Tracking & Alignment at DSI..
    [​IMG]

Bucket seat mounted to the floor, I actually fit inside the car now! very snug fit.
    [​IMG]

Obligatory penis kindly drawn on it..
    [​IMG]

aaaand slapped a sticker on the back to rep the posse.
    [​IMG]

Still need to find some skid wheels desperately so currently running around trying to gain some for Saturday!

:D

9. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Did Lydden...
    [​IMG]

Great day. Was initially daunting for my first drift day on track but soon settled into the day. Managing to pull third on Chessons, manji the main straight and by the end of the day, link each half of the track :)

There were many offs, but only cosmetic scrapes were done, the worst being this at the end of the day..
    [​IMG]

Action pics coming soon. Also looked like there were loads of photographers, if anyone has any action pics/vids it'd be great to see them!

10. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

SKIDZ!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only two I can find at the moment. Thank you RubberDuckDoes!