Team Manfoot 2012 - Project Reliable Part Deux

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Chuck_g, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Chuck_g

Chuck_g Na = Waheeeyyyyyyy

Hey Everyone

Been a while since ive updated this, mainly because i broke my camera and 2 cam phones during the rebuild so gave up on the pics :) Anyway, she is now finished, bar some cosmetics and is logged for PD and will make its first competition outing this Saturday. :)

Just want to thank my Sponsors, Gavin at F1 Transportation Services, Welcome to Facebook for coming on board and helping me out this year and Paul in Bandon Quick fit for the awesome wiring job he did after i butchered it all :)

Will update with pics asap.

2. Chuck_g

3. Chuck_g

Hey Everyone

Guess i best update the thread. Well the car now sits on axle stands as i had to give some borrowed parts back, but all going well she will be back to normal next week and got ready for Cork Motorfest and PD round 2. Prodrift rd 1 went well, with the car performing flawless. My driving on the other hand was questionable :) I qualified in 8th out of 70ish and managed a top 16 finish, putting me in 12th after rd 1. Not great, but better than last :)

Next few jobs on the car, replace the parts borrowed and a general tidy. Itching to get out again as i really enjoyed driving her at rd 1, a seriously better car than last seasons.

Want to thank my Sponsors for getting me out there,

Paul @ Bandon Quickfit - BandonQuickFit Tyres
    Gavin @ F1 Transportation Services - Welcome to Facebook
    Robert @ Waterfall Promotions - http://www.facebook.com/WaterfallPromotions?ref=ts

Anyway, will update soon, and leave ye with a few pics from Pd r1, Ennis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Favourite :)

[​IMG]

PS.......

[​IMG]

#23 Chuck_g, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. Chuck_g

Edit............My New Favourite :)

[​IMG]

5. Chuck_g

Time for an update id say....its been a while.

Well project reliable has become quite unreliable it might seem :) After the car running quite flawless at PD Rd 1 in ennis, we got to Rd 2 in Punchestown and unfortunately the car was mising/holding back all weekend. Between Ennis and Punch i had changed spark plugs, fuel filter etc, so we checked those and all seemed fine. We narrowed it down to a broken signal wire on an o2 sensor and possible a dodgy plug, so changed the plugs again and fixed the broken wire. Unfortunately this was all after Punchestown and the car just wouldn't perform for me as you can see in the video below;

[video=youtube;w44SnEVro94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44SnEVro94[/video]

So after we got these problems fixed she seemed to perform much better. We took it for a legal road test, also testing the road for an upcoming Drift Hillclimb here in cork, she went very well apart from being very grippy;

So onto a practice day in Galway and she drove very well apart from some bad fuel starvation, which the bimmers suffer from. Road 3 in Fermoy, Cork and as with 2011 i started the day in great form and the car went well, pulling off a second place qualifier. Again, the car was suffering fairly bad fuel starvation, ever though the tank was quite full. I suffered on until on my top 16 battle the gearbox would not let me select 3rd both runs and i lost my battle :( Really pissed me off as i was set for a good day.

But on sunday, Myself, James and John from Team Manfoot won the Team Drift event with some serious madness, second round in a row, winning previously at Punch. So form was good after that :) Check us out here - Team Manfoot | Facebook

With round 4 next month i have a gearbox to collect and fit, and i have also hopefully sorted my starvation problems buy fitting a second pump, deleting the fuel pick up/siphon on the left hand side. I attach a few pictures below, if anyone wants more details on how it was done just ask :) Roll on PD round 4, Tyrone :)

Fitting second pump
    [​IMG]

Plumbing pump 1 to pump 2
    [​IMG]

Pump 1 plumbed up
    [​IMG]

Pump 2 plumbed up
    [​IMG]

#25 Chuck_g, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  6. charlieog1243

charlieog1243 Member

nice build dude keep it up :D

7. Chuck_g

Time for an Update:

Well last weekend me and the crew made the long journey to Dungannon for Rd 4 of the Prodrift Championship. The venue, a newly built Oval at Tullyroan. All drivers had seen pictures and video's leading up to the event but nothing prepared us for it, the walls, the surface, the speed, the danger.....all in a days work :)

We had only put a gearbox into the car during last week as it let me down in Rd 3. On leaving the garage we felt something was up with the alternator/battery as the car wouldn't start or hold charge. Anthony from Carraigtohill Auto Centre, checked the Alternator to find it was only sending out 9 volts. So that had to come out and get reconditioned. Took the car for a test spin and all seemed perfect :)

My rd 5 afternoon started out okay, with a few okay practice runs. Then they seemed to get worse and i just wasn't comfortable with the car or the track. Even though the car was running 100%. My qualifiers were disappointing, only managing a 13th place.

I won my first battle against Seamus "De Moose" Walsh as he unfortunately hit the wall behind me. My second battle was against local lad Richard Bradley, who was on serious form rubbing walls all day. I lost out to him due to a few corrections on run one and the fact i hit the wall hard on run 2. That was my weekend over but i really enjoyed it anyway and luckily enough still jumped up to 7th in the Championship with 1 round to go.

Thanks to Niall Mc(Mechanic), Fiona(The Missus), Foley, Nicky and Wife, Leona, Manfoot Crew, the Mccarthy brothers and anyone else who helped me on saturday.

Also huge thanks to Anthony @ Carraigtwohill Auto Centre | Facebook for all the help on the run up to the event
    My Main Sponsor, Gavin @ Fon Transpor Servic | Facebook
    And Paul and Crew for the wash -----> Bandon Autocare Valeting | Facebook

Roll on Rd 5 - Mondello Park

Few Pics from Tyrone;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The damage :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chuck_g

Well another season has ended and i must say apart from all the slight problems with the car, i really enjoyed my year. Finished up in the Prodrift Championship in Non Seed Pro with a respectable enough 9th place. Not bad considering the level of driving seen in all classes from 2012. To quote the one and only Kieran Hynes "Theres no Amateurs in Prodrift". Was also part of winning 3 Team Drift Challenges with the most awesome Team in on this isle :)

The car itself suffered some damage over the year but is running 100% and all i will be doing over the winter is some cosmetic bits, including a full repair and respray by a new sponsor i will soon reveal.

Already im looking forward to a new year and a new series, with Prodrift becoming the IDC - Irish Drift Championship | Facebook

Id like to thank everyone who helped me this year, my crew, Niall Mc, Fi, Eoin, Keith, Pat Mc, Foldy, Maurice, all the Team Manfoot Boys & Girls, Anto Galvin & his boys, the ditsy twins :p and anyone else who helped. Thanks to all the photographers that took so many great pics........ye know who ye are :)

My sponsors:

CRG Print & Marketing - CRG Print & Marketing | Facebook

Bandon Autocare & Co. - Bandon Autocare & Co. | Facebook

F1 Transportation Services - Welcome to Facebook

Carraigtwohill Auto Centre - Carraigtwohill Auto Centre | Facebook

Bandon Quickfit - Bandon QuickFit | Facebook

And my Team:

Team Manfoot | Facebook

I am also looking for 2013 Sponsors, any size, any kind.....all help appreciated and your company/business will get unlimited publicity both on at events and online.

Anyway, i will leave you with some of my fav pics below.....will start my 2013 thread very soon :) Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]