technical advice

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by JonnyAE86, Feb 10, 2012.

1. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

so I've just got hit by the recent hype about rc drift after being exposed to it for years and always wanting one.

got a tt-01 cheap on ebay and just got it today but getting a bit bummed for my first experience with rc,
    because first the car had the motor wires switched (so when you "squeeze" the trigger it went backwards), and the reverse button on the controller (standard Expec tamiya) doesn't do anything. Switched the wires back, but still no reverse, adjusted trims several times, tried everything and cant get it to reverse.

If any guru here can give any advice, it would be aprecciated.

also since i'm a total noob, how long do you charge the batteries?

2. mk2kompressor

mk2kompressor Member

Do you have a pic of the car and charger?

3. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

some motors dont have reverse on them, like polo's , so could be a racing motor maybe

4. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

So I disassembled all wires and cleaned everything, let the batteries charge over night and tested everything in my local carpark and its all rocking fine, appart from some clunk noises coming from the motor everytime it brakes/reverses, maybe its normal I dont know.

So in the near future will be buying a 86 coupe shell and some hayashi wheels and tires. Anyone with some cool bits for tt01 let me know please

5. cory

cory Member

3 racing do alot of good bits for tt01's and at good prices too theres loads of there stuff on ebay and most uk model shops stock there stuff too

6. benjy s

benjy s Member

try pressing rev till the car stops then let go and press it again, some tamiya esc's and others you have to tap rev twice, first time is brakes second time to go backwards, it stops noobs slaming it into rev an mashing all the gears

7. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

^^^^^^^ Thanks for all the advice, yes I think the std esc/remote/motor setup in a TT01 XB pro is shit, but thats what I can afford for now, and I rather start with something cheap to experiment about.

8. wst

wst Member

Vital bits for the TT01 - ally propshaft, locked rear diff (I used blutac wedged in between the gears of the rear diff, does pretty well), slightly-locking front diff (less blutac!).

The front diff needs to lock eventually, I always had problems with my TT01 with an open front diff because the inside-front wheel would stop spinning eventually and the arse of the car would flick around instantly, uncatchably.

If you're being fancy a one-way diff in the front can help on slow drifts, but you lose all front-wheel braking with one of those. Good if you want to initiate 'with the wand' though, I guess!

9. benjy s

benjy s Member

did you get it working

10. JonnyAE86

JonnyAE86 暴走族 大石

yeah,, works great in the end, Guess I was testing it at home with no room and dead batteries, thats the only explanation for my initial let down lol