Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm/immo - JZX100 Toyota Chaser

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Ashley Bryers, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Ashley Bryers

Ashley Bryers New Member

Hi there,

It's that time of year for me to do my insurance renewal again so I've rang up a few places to get some quotes, and to my surprise the quotes were nearly double what I was paying last year! When I asked why this was it was apparently because the prices I had last year were for having a Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm/Immo fitted and I must of slipped through the net.

So the insurance companies have recommended I look at getting one fitted as this will greatly reduce my premiums.

I've had a bit of a look around and found a company called Auto Defence who give prices on their website for complete CAT 1 alarm systems installed at your home address, for what seems to be a pretty reasonable price.

So what I'd like to know is;

Has anyone had any experience with Thatcham alarm systems and if so what make/model, what to look out for, pros/cons etc.

Any experience with Auto defense and if you'd recommend them or any other companies you recommend (I'm in Cumbria btw)

Or anything else related to this situation!

Thanks all in advance IMG_20210703_133503_888. IMG_20210703_133503_888.

2. thyfartismurder

thyfartismurder Active Member

sounds like theyre having you on there, find a different insurer, im with adrian flux and the type of alarm doesnt make much difference