the 102whp bmw e30 drift build. 56k warning

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Wesley, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Wesley

Wesley New Member

hello all i picked up my bmw 318i for 200 bucks and am deciding it need to be built for drift. no doubt it's underpowered but were it lacks in power i'll get rid of weight.[​IMG]this is it the day i bought it. needed a lot of wiring help and a new ecu and maf. but as time went on she became a running vehicle perfect for destroying on a track one day.

i've gutted the interior and pulled the dash heatercore and all vents relating. no more blower motors or any bs.
    [​IMG]

i've taken so much weight out of my car the whole car has lifted a good 2 3 inches.
    [​IMG]
    yay for dash wiring harness's!!! plan on doing something rather new for the dash
    [​IMG]
    welding the diff in the next week and the saving up for some suspension.

2. peterpan101

peterpan101 Member

hopes of engine upgrades?

i vote for 1jz

3. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

"no doubt it's underpowered but were it lacks in power i'll get rid of weight."

4. peterpan101

peterpan101 Member

i saw that, but at one point more power will be needed.

5. Wesley

Wesley New Member

if you learn to drift with less hp then itll be easier to drift high horsepower. so why not start small save up and do a s52 swap one day

6. James998

James998 Member

My 56k is struggling with all 4 pictures!

7. Wesley

Wesley New Member

so i gutted the dash of all the vents and what not. none of that shit is necessary. unfortunately state law requires stock dash for public road use (and it's more cost effective) so i pulled the dash board back out of the pile of random e30 stuff. took all of the foam out of the dash and shaved about 3 pounds off of it. it's now around 5 pounds total big whoop. i put it back in and started mounting stuff back to it (removed all of the wiring and stuff for the heater controls. left the rear defrost in. heres a vid [video=facebook;671884206184532]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=671884206184532&l=4932598382309966990[/video]

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Why the hell do people still put that 56k warning sheeeet? Most people in Ethiopia probably have broadband by now!

9. Wesley

Wesley New Member

bit of an update. decided to pick up an e36 rack and adapter's :) got the rack for 20 bucks. also just ordered some lowering springs. have beem replacing random bushings every pay check as well. expect pics tomorrow!

10. Wesley

Wesley New Member

got the rest of the interior and sound deading material out (minus the back seat) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Dantagonist

Dantagonist Member

100 psi and some aggression. You'll be alright :)

12. djinuk

djinuk Member

I dont understand why people remove blower motors/vent pipes unless your like time attack spec and pushing for points of a second.. Seriously the ability to demist.. keep warm, and keep engine temps lower by helping remove a ton of heat into the car far outweighs saving a few kg.. If thats the case get jobbing and have more pre-drift shits ? .

on another note bargain e30 :) good luck