The fitness thread

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kam, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I do pressups with a a similar grip, really hits the chest. Got a feeling this could be good :)

2. Big Bear

Big Bear Member

It takes a while to get used to the movement before you really feel the benefits. Same with most new movements I suppose. It's meant to be like 25% more upper chest involvement that incline. Don't know if I agree with that but it definitely does work upper chest

3. Jason

Jason Nurse?

great move, but im always worried that im going to drop the bar on myself lol!

4. Big Bear

Big Bear Member

Haha yeah it felt weird when I first started it but its not bad now, just feels off if I haven't done it for a while.

5. Emil

Emil Active Member

Those wrist supports helped thanks for recommending them Kam, also made some serious noise with the M5 today when I picked it back up :D

Back at the gym two nights agp,incline barbell for chest considering I hadn't gone for 4 weeks managed to do a full set of 12 reps on 60kg (peaked at 80kg with Joe spotting me before) and the usual attack on my bi and tri's

6. kam

Hows everyone getting on with My Protein?

I've been using the Impact Whey Isolate for agggess now and the last 3 times I've ordered it's changed.
    Taste, consistency and mixability have changed each time, as far as I'm concerned I've recieved 3 different powders.

Shite customer service too, think I'm going Optimum Nutrition next time. Came out top on those independant tests.

7. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

Now I know there are many that have had issues with them. But I have ordered maybe 5 times or more from them in the last 6 months and not yet had a problem.
    They are still one of the cheapest bulk suppliers and the products I can imagine are of a decent quality.

8. kam

Yeah used them for ages, no problems, cheap, good products.
    Just recently, changed for sure.

9. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

the cost of whey has gone up recently so i guess they have been shopping around with the suppliers to keep the cost down/the customers coming back.

hence the daily bombardment of junk emails.

10. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Gonna put this out there.....

Better to do weights at night just before bed

Or

First thing in the morning?

11. kam

Doesn't matter, whenever you feel best.
    I've done it all, 8/9PM is strangely the time I prefer.

12. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Doing it just before bed i found i was pumped more the next couple days. Doing it in the morning im not noticing the effects for as long or as quick..

I have to do morning due to time issues but if i had a choice id do them at night.

Just wondered tho if the muscle relax for 8hours while u slept healed them quicker or something.

Where as during the day ur still using what u exercised on specially if u have a physical job

13. kam

Just head back from My Protein, they've confirmed the whey has changed.
    Cocks.

14. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

I do weights before bed most late shifts. That way your day job is the warm up. If you do them first thing your attacking very relaxed muscles so need more warming up.

I'm not going for full on arnie but a little more definition would be nice. And this method seems to be working for me.

15. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

For the past year or so I've been following bodyweight only program however my place of work as just refurbished the company gym which includes a power rack and Olympic barbell and weights. After reading starting strength and strong lifts, I have decided to start lift weights in the pursuit of strength.

The workout program I have come up with is:

Workout A:

Back squat 3 x 5
    Bench Press 3 x 5 / Dips 3 x maximum
    Pull ups 3 x maximum / Chin ups 3 x maximum.

Workout B:

Front squat 3 x 5
    Overhead press 3 x 5 / Handstand Push ups 3 x maximum
    Deadlift 1 x 5

I will alternate between Workout A and Workout B Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Also alternate between Bench press and Dips, Overhead press and Handstand push ups, Pull ups and Chin ups.

So Monday = Workout A Back squat, Bench and Deadlift then Wednesday = Workout B Front squat, Overhead press and Pull ups. Then Friday = Workout A, Back Squat, Dips and Deadlift. then Monday = Workout B Front squat, Handstand push up and Chin ups. and so on.

What do you think? Does this sound like a good plan?

16. DRAGONFD3S

DRAGONFD3S Member

Sounds pretty aggresive on the joints! How much weight can you dip and chin with?

17. JulesS14200

JulesS14200 WORKin it!

The dumbells at our gym go up to 65kg, as these are not heavy enough for some people they set themselves up for a press with 65kg dbs and the spotter places a smaller dumbell on top of that!!

18. Lead_foot

Lead_foot DWYB ConekillR

Tbh I've never dipped or chinned with a weight. But just bodyweight chin = 15 and dip = 20.

19. kam

WTF! That's insane.

20. Paddy drifter

Paddy drifter Member

hmmmm some people got some pretty nice routines your all lucky to get near a gym :) i dont have the funds or acess to one so i got a field and i do dead lifts with what ever i can find tactor tyres whatever and i do sprints with 14inch steel wheels in my hands nothing interesting