The new 2014 drift car ;) wooop woooop

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Geldy, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Geldy

Geldy the pain train woowo

We are working with US company Fueled Racing that make some good cars in FD so hoping to over come these issues with the oil, we have been planning this build for a few years so know all the in's and outs even to the point we dint have the move our steering rack or bodge a starter on ;)

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

In all honesty, a decent baffled sump plus an accusump would probably do it, I would be willing to give it a punt with that, but the company I was dealing with didn't wanna know after their experiences with cars over there.

3. Geldy

yeah defo looking into a accusump after round one. we have Moroso baffled sump at the moment

4. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

while i fully understand your need to leap to the defence of mr geldart please see the point below. LS engines are well known for having oil issues on the limiter and high rev applications. so by running around in 2nd you are therefore increasing your chances of blowing it up of terminal damage. A bit like the guy who bought my LS Onevia. Banging round pod on limiter at 2nd then wonders why it died?

V8 have torque , just use another gear
    :thumbs

while that's great news THINK about how the car is gonna get used. I can't think of a single FD round which involves slow speed 2nd gear limiter action while drifting ( not burnouts before you go that route ) They are all using 3rd 4th etc ( and 4 speed nascar dog boxes so in reality 4th 5th and 6th equivalent of a t56 )

so instead of getting all defensive think about what I am trying to tell you and why.

So back to my original point, 2nd is for pulling out of junctions , not drifting a v8

5. Ben_Stevo

Ben_Stevo New Member

Looks awesome buddy! Good work!

6. Geldy

i understand 100% about the ls2 and the oil issues the onyl reason i used 2nd was cos it was the first ever run and wanted to just have a go see if anything would be wrong (when we found it was over heating pipe issue) at BDC i wouldnt be in 2nd ever as you said ill be pulling off in 2nd most of the time. also cutting down on oil problems if i spin no big burn outs wait a bit then drive off. by the way what clutch did you run in your v8? we are looking for a good up grade

7. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

Act prolite twin plate

8. Geldy

So round one done, all i can say is what a car! had a great weekend and the car was flawless! nothing broken no oil pressure loss not even a broken drive shaft ;) heres some vids now this was my first real time in the car and first real drift comp in a few years

#68 Geldy, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

fucking hell some amount of cockmuncher fanboi wanters on here. its 10 times better than half the shit in the uk, I like it. keep rocking out with your cock out

10. t3nhp

t3nhp Member

Well that fucking shifts! What class do you compete in geldy?

11. Geldy

pro class but as said i havent been in a proper drift car and doing drift for a few years really lol so was very happy with the way this went it has a lot of camber at the rear so adjusting that will make it even faster in drift ;)

12. mynameised

mynameised Member

sounds absolutely spot on !

13. bear.

bear. Member

Was there for BDC and the car looked and sounded awesome ! :) you competing at round 2 ?

14. Paddyp33

Paddyp33 New Member

Very impressive. Lovely car.