The PS13 (IMPULSE BUY)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by jimmy crowley, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Michael 240sx

Michael 240sx New Member

love the ps13 to.
    one of the coolest nissan's they ever made!
    cool car mate !

2. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

Tow wagon acquired! After looking at scrap over priced trailers and the hassle of getting a trailer licence and buying a jeep this idea made much more sense . Now just to get the car finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

I'd be interested in seeing the JZX get on there.

4. jimmy crowley

Haven't tried it marc..

Today was a day of gauge fitting what a pain in the hole.

Started off with a not working oil temp defi so stripped it to try find the problem with no luck so I resorted to splitting an inlet pressure gauge and changing the setting at the back to work as a temp gauge then fitted the temp face and voilla she worked.

Some pics below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An idea of what its to be like to later find the greddys aint working so that's annoying

5. DK-Kun

DK-Kun New Member

6. jimmy crowley

Package arrived this morning all the way from JapanSo keen to get these on been waiting so long to get to this stage of the build 1 or 2 days a week in the shed leaves progress very slow [​IMG][​IMG]Boost controller should be here monday aswel [​IMG]Just had to hit the garage at lunch for a test fit [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Should get them painted and fitted saturday all going well

7. peterhouze

peterhouze Member

no longer kicking my self over selling this getting other people to hit me with hammers at this stage

8. jimmy crowley

Catching up on the past couple weeks!

Took this sslluuuu out for a bath the dirt was annoying me.

Finished off some interior stuff,tidied wiring,fitted boot spoiler yet to be painted, hacked up the wings and spaced them out . They were already fucked and wasnt arsed getting frp wings yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#88 jimmy crowley, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  9. jimmy crowley

Tried to fire up the transit no go flat batter..Stuck it on charge and in the mean time fluted around and done some general tidy up on the ps. Tranny started loaded up the ps and headed for town . More hardship in the form of getting it on the ramps of the tyre place to do alignment go tit done and head back home .. Test spin went down well with a burnout to finish off.

90% done

[​IMG]

10. jimmy crowley

Been flat out getting this bitch ready for debut in mondello for a drift day on monday will have more pics towards the weekend for now here's a teaser vid

[​IMG]

11. Doritofu

Doritofu Active Member

Ive been a fan of this thread since the start, it's been awesome at every stage. Keep up the great work man. :thumbs:

12. jimmy crowley

Cheers Dude ! Finally got to a milestone Iv wanted to hit since I started this project.

Here it is Bride seat in !!

[​IMG]

13. jimmy crowley

So Today was balls out with a good dose of mayhem!

Busy road test with cyclist and general Saturday drivers being in the way on the roads.

Got a dose of new tyres and went through the ballache of putting them all on many curses and shouting was done

[​IMG]

Yokohama Advan Neova's I used on front for steering and LingLongs on the rear :D..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A load of general looking over the car was done all loose ends tightened up all fluids etc checked for leaks

[​IMG]

So this is how were looking after a wash

[​IMG]

After a year of Saturdays and the odd evening its ready for the first Test/ Drift day on Monday

Sound Teaser all the complaining people do about SR's I love the sound of this

[​IMG]

14. jimmy crowley

So This was it locked loaded and ready to go for Mondays drift day nerves etc as always especially when I didn't know how it would go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need to make a Tyre rack

[​IMG]

Got there all in one piece unloaded all the shit then done some of this BRAAAAP!
    [​IMG]

Braaaap!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then lifted the bonnet to find masses of oil spewing out the breather set up. We Tried many different routes to get rid of the problem with some success towards the end with a make shift Orpheus that Bob Stevens suggested . Kind of ruined the day wit the thoughts of oil spewing out of the catch (bottle) and fearing harm being done it was tough to enjoy a couple of hard laps.

Once home I checked a bit more into it and found non VVT SR20's running higher boost can suffer oil coming up from the crank case so I modified the breather set up to match the s14 style.

Fingers crossed !

[​IMG]

Thanks to GTRslider,Danny86,Bob Stevens and Jay from DI Motorsport for helping out during the day. I would have been gone home allot earlier only for these lads

I dont know if its possible to see these vids but try the links

[video=facebook;826966607330759]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=826966607330759[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582468265183147&set=vb.100002599376450&type=2&theater

15. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Fucking badass dude! Such a sweet looking PS, too many people go over the top with styling but not this one :)

With that breather problem, would that be why some people make S13.4 rocker covers with VVT back half with a Non-VVT front?

16. jimmy crowley

Cheers mate my whole Idea of this car is to maintain some originality . Sick of all these space frame cars people do and then just use them at drift days ?? Fair enough if its formula D. Yea that would indeed be the reason for the rocker cover cut and shut jib what iv done is just easier . and I like the stock red cover

17. jimmy crowley

Not much going on in this department old Corolla taking up a lot of my time.

Painted a wheel Bronze to see how it looked Thin I will run TE37'S All round from now on.

Going to change the rear fenders for a narrower option and have good front wings got too.

[​IMG]

TD06 kit turned up all looks good will be fitted once I get an ecu sorted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mindgame007

mindgame007 Member

still have love for that nismo areo bumper
    Cars looking good man
    Al

19. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

decent build....keep up the hard work!

20. Wrapstarzpro

Wrapstarzpro New Member