Touge Heroes S13 Vg30 Night Runner Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by touge heroes, May 5, 2009.

1. touge heroes

touge heroes Member

Hello Dori Fans...

You may have seen this car for sale eleven hundred million times on ebay? The Zenitani Racing PS13 (the second car in the youtube clip)...This car did 311.7 km/h on a top speed challenge in Japan.
    YouTube - ZENITANI S13 RB26&VG30仕様

We have a huge passion for ex tuner cars from Japan...Just to learn from the best i suppose!?

The plan for this car is to have a reliable 500bhp Night Runner type Wangan racer...the original kit has been removed and we are planning to fit an EP racing style BN wide arch kit....

The car already has a huge list of top end parts fitted,the main modification being the engine which comes from a Nissan Gloria Gran Turismo (VG30DET)...The stock turbo has been binned in favour of a HKS T51 and the capacity enlarged to 3200cc...

We are unsure on a colour scheme as yet,but the top of the list so far is candy green?...

The engine was just re-installed today after a light overhaul,some re-wiring and re-routing of hoses and pipework etc,also a set of new gaskets as Mr Tiger Seal must have had shares in whoever worked on this car last!!!

We will post some vids up as soon as possible...This car sounds great!!!:thumbs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 touge heroes, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Matt.

Matt. lemon party

ow i was so close to buying this but it was just the storys of reliability that stoped me. i cant wait to see what you do with it good luck:)

3. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Frickin' bonkers fast car, should be able to pull a decent drift too... :D
    The stickers alone are worth a billion pounds.

4. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

Awesome Potato!!!!!! Can't fucking wait to see this in volume 2!

5. McC

McC Member

that would be a crazy road car!!

6. keggy

keggy Member

what all cars did this engine come in? was it origionally turbo?

7. counteract

counteract -o=me

Al! Al! If you need any paint jobs, please let me know! I got a great idea!

8. GTSr32

GTSr32 Member

Class............

9. rsturboboy

rsturboboy Wannabe drifter

What a car :smokin: ! cant wait to see what you do with this animal :nod:

10. DRAGONFD3S

DRAGONFD3S Member

Quality!! The days of Extuner cars from Japan, sadly seemed to have gone, so good work!!

11. Tony240Z

Tony240Z SHIFT_oldschool

You guys are absolute LEGENDS! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

As for the paint - simple, deep, gloss black paint + white indicators + dishy wheels (polished 18x10 Equips?) + bolt-on riveted arches + Wangan type spoiler + slammage = WIN.

12. iamben

iamben Active Member

Yeh i agree with Tony, I always think of Wangan racers being dark, mean *will stab you're granny for a fiver* type look to them :D :D

Keep the mental colour schemes for the drift wagons :)

13. counteract

counteract -o=me

Oh hell yeah, I agree too. Midnight purple, anyone?

Must say, if I was gonna suggest a lighter colour, it would have to be gunmetal, I think that on actual midnight racers, subtle is best, just look at Koguchi Power's RS13..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black on black, white on white, or anything in between on anything in between :smokin:

14. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

Matt grey, for me:thumbs: like the colour of a R.A.F fighter jet, as its scientifically reaserched to be hardest colour to spot and blends into the sky and the runways when looking from above.
    And that kind of fits the bill for your ps13, as when your flying down the road at 1000mph the babylon cant see you coming or going:wave:

15. touge heroes

touge heroes Member

Oh my,the Koguchi RPS13 is VERY cool...rethink on colour choice methinks!!!
    Lovin' the figher jet colour idea GETitSIDEways....

16. touge heroes

touge heroes Member

This motor was fitted to a few JDM Nissan's,the Gloria,Leopard ,Cedric and Cima,all VIP style Jap barges!!!
    I think its pretty similar to the Z31 and Z32 300ZX motor,different heads,inlet etc etc etc...I have seen a few of these in Australia in some old school cars...They are making good power and HUGE torque so its going to be quite interesting once its been mapped :thumbs:

Here is some technical info from a site we found about the VG30DET...

The VG30DET is a 3.0-liter, 24-valve, quad-cam, VTC-equipped engine equipped with a T3 (Nissan N1 Type) 4-bolt Garrett Turbo running between 7.5 and 11.5 psi. It generated 222 to 255 hp (190 kW) and measuring between 198 and 236 lb (107 kg) per foot depending on boost level, intake manifold, intercooler, and other factors.
    While this engine is similar to the VG30DE, it used different heads and inlet manifold. Contrary to popular belief, it was NOT available in the Nissan 300ZR model - the 300ZR only had an early version of the VG30DE (no turbo). The engine was available in the Cedric, Gloria, Cima and Leopard chassis.It's a single-turbo engine that was used from 1987 through 1995 in Japan and the predecessor for the VG30DETT, the engine that was released in the 1990 300ZX Twin-Turbo.

17. DollyKean

DollyKean Lonely Doraiba

Great project :::

Can't wait to see it in some actions videos

18. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

same here.

Cant wait to see how this turns out:thumbs:

19. andy binns

andy binns Member

cant wait to see this finished and the corolla i got off you is brilliant you have some gourgous cars :thumbs:

20. touge heroes

touge heroes Member

Trial fitment of the EP racing blister kit started today,it looks to fit well and should be an easy job to get it looking as good as a genuine BN kit...

[​IMG]

The car runs low offset wheels and spacers already as it had a Rocket Bunny style arch kit originally...you can see how wide this new kit is going to be!!!

[​IMG]

After ALOT of searching the in the UK for a set of JDM rims with some dish...and a heavy outbidding session on ebay for a set of Work Equips (dam you ebay and your last second bidders!!!)...Ross from Dragon Performance came up with a set of Workmeister S1's that were removed from an old show car of his...the are 10 x 18 with a very low offset so should slip under the new arches nicely...

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for full kit fitment and paint later this week!!! :dw: