Wanted Toyota Chaser JZX100

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Roofless_, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

Been looking for a JZX100 for about 6 or so months now.

I've seen 5 cars and the sale's have all fallen through :(

I've got a budget of up to £12,000 and can travel within the UK for the right car, (I'm in the South East).

Must be:

MOT'd
    Factory manual
    Stock LSD or Aftermarket LSD.

Thanks,

-EDIT-

Will consider a MKii if factory manual.

#1 Roofless_, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  2. zu1u

zu1u Member

Seems so hard to find one but I wish you luck mate. I'm having bugger all luck.

Did you get anywhere with the white chaser from Warrington? Turned out to be a bag of nails after looking at the videos of the interior and also the engine management light plus low idle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Volvo.340

Volvo.340 New Member

The guys a messer basically

4. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

he sent my some photos and videos (sound as if you know the ones I’m on about). the carpet had been cut for the bucket seat, the bucket seat itself was a mess and the passenger seat had a rip on the back however nothing that can’t be fixed.
    yep it had that low idle issue and a knock from the front suspension.

He was busy this weekend gone, I asked to see it this coming weekend but no reply.

thought I’d check the post the next day and it was gone and he’d blocked me on WhatsApp.

Would have happily mad the 8 or so hour round trip to get it however.

ah well, maybe the 6th one will be the one I’ll finally get *yawn*

5. zu1u

zu1u Member

It was a shame he didn't state any of that in his advert, it was for those reasons I pulled out. Did he also tell you about the engine management light coming on under acceleration?

He also blocked me too but I think I've found one now. Fingers crossed there is nothing hidden like this overpriced nail.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

7. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

8. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

9. Mattvaughan180

No worries, I personally own a chaser and think the mark 2’s look pretty sexy better than the chasers in some ways but that’s personal preference,specially this one with the wheels and body kit it looks the business,think it’s in pearl white too again a great colour over the standard white, still the same interior with the carbon Kevlar trim and that mines ecu is worth its weight in gold,
    If your struggling to find a chaser why don’t you import one I was like you searching for a while and couldn’t find anything so imported

10. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

I know every man and they dog goes for a Chaser over a MK2 or Cresta but I much prefer the Chaser over all of those.
    That MK2 you linked is nice don’t get me wrong but for the price that’s pretty high for not a huge spec. I’ve seen so many MK2s and Chasers go for a lot less then that.

I was looking at importing one however that didn’t end up great. Importer never replied to be, I had to bug them a lot and if I’m paying for a service I kind of expected some kind of conversation between but I got none of it. Not going to pay someone when they can’t even do a basic thing like reply back to me.

There’s a Chaser that went up for sale near me which I fell for, however the person who’s selling it decided they didn’t want to anymore. Still have my heart set on it as it’s everything I’d go to one already done, just perfect in my eyes lol.

Fingers crossed he’ll sell it to me, I’ve told him any times before and I’ll give him asking price.

Anywho still looking until then ‍♂️

11. Mattvaughan180

Don’t get fooled into a good spec over condition,much rather have a better condition one over a few goodies plus you can bet your bitch to a barn dance one that’s all spec’d Up has had the granny bashed out of it. That price is getting the going rate for a good one

Which importers was that you was dealing with??
    I can recommend a few
    torque gt
    Dcy
    Jm imports
    Newera imports
    Powervehicles(if you want a spec one this is the place Andrew is a sound chap and can mod one to how you want it out there).

Good luck with your search

12. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

I wont name them but none of them are the ones you said about.

Nope I've had my eyes on for a while is a good street spec IMO and its not some ropey drift missile by a long way because thats not what im looking for lol.

But I'll take your advice on board however.

13. Mattvaughan180

:thumbs:
    Hope the one your after works out for you I know how frustrating it gets looking for the right one :thumbs:

14. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

up to the top

15. Crankyyam

Crankyyam New Member

has anyone seen this car in the flesh? also what’s the general opinion of the price? Looks decent from the pictures but can’t buy a car without seeing it. The talk of a bad car in this same post got me wondering was this the same car? It’s the opposite end of the country almost so not so easy to pop up and have a look.
    many thanks

16. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

I was debating if I should buy this or not, the price in my opinion (having been actually looking for months) is high for the lowest spec.
    I questioned that car because on the advert it said no test drives. Anyways it was removed from eBay today ‍♂️

#17 Roofless_, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  17. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

prices can be higher in Japan than the UK for a chaser now , you'll be looking at 1.2 - 1.4M JPY before costs. your better off buying one from a UK seller IMO
    this was the same for R34 GTR's at one point and also S15 Silvia's have gone this way
    I have been following this market for a long time and these cars represent some of the highest desired models. the chaser is now one of them.

if you go to see one , ask to see the auction grade sheet at this will show you all the body damage that the car came over with. if they don't have the sheet then it might be a good idea to walk as it could have been a crashed and repaired car ;)

18. Mattvaughan180

Your exactly right there, think about it most S body’s have been banged up or rotted out so the remaining few are going for strong money, same goes for any iconic Japanese cars.
    people have only realised in recent years the potential of chasers and now they are popular there only going to go up in price in the same manner I was on about.

definitely ask for a auction grade and to see the sheet, some importers buy from dealers out in Japan also but as torque gt said to me a lot of dealer cars have chequered history’s hence why they don’t go to auction.

good luck finding one was debating on selling mine but think I will sit on it for a while

19. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

that didn't make sense , or i'm half asleep :o
    the dealer cars can have a chequered history , so they do or don't goto auction ?