Trying to get oil into a BorgWarner s200sx ? ? ?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Moejorrison, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Moejorrison

Moejorrison Member

As per title, Im a bit miffed.

Tried using a 1/4 NPT fitting and it barely screwed into the CHRA, literally 1 or 2 turns which doesnt seem safe to me.

After that I tried a M12x1.25 which just seemed to flap about in the threaded hole? had a look at 1/4 BSP threads in my pocket ref book and it seems they wouldnt be suitable either..

Anyone got any suggestions or been in this situation before? pretty confused.

cheers

2. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture of how it is? Sometimes they have an adapter already in them which actually screws out...

3. Moejorrison

Moejorrison Member

Nah its literally just the female thread that goes into the body of the CHRA. no adaptors or anything, just started to think maybe the thread hasnt been cut as deep as it should have been.

4. MC Serge

MC Serge New Member

Pretty sure is 1/4" unc thread. I went through this with the s300sx. I just kept ordering different thread pitch 1/4" untill I found some that worked. Unless it's a different size entirely for the s200????

5. Moejorrison

Moejorrison Member

Are you certain its UNC? very weird size cant understand why they wouldnt just use something normal.

Had a look at that size in my pocket ref book and it looks like it really would be a 1/4" in diameter. the threaded hole im working with is roughly 13mm at its opening, scratching my head big time over this one

6. MC Serge

MC Serge New Member

Fairly certain. Problem is, I bought 3 different thread pitch and size and can't remember which ones worked. That being said, I have a few of each left and can send them all to you and you can find the ones that work. Let me know and I'll post them on Monday, I don't need them any more

7. MC Serge

MC Serge New Member

This is from Borg Warner official schematic

Screenshot_20200404-010654~2. Screenshot_20200404-010654~2.

8. Moejorrison

Moejorrison Member

That would be amazing if you could send me your collection man Ill DM you my address.

Ive seen that schematic before, what sort a bloody stupid size is that?!? Ive looked and cant find anything to buy which adapts to a 4AN fitting