Twin Busch Garage Equipment (AVOID!)

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by zu1u, Aug 27, 2020.

1. zu1u

zu1u Member

Bit of a moan from me...

In January 2019 we had a two post ramp supplied by Twin Busch UK and installed by an authorised fitter known as JFR Equipment ltd. Ian at JFR had been unreliable at times when arranging the install (we should have seen the signs) but after some back and forth he finally made it to the unit to install our Twin Busch two post ramp. Around 2 months later we noticed hydraulic fluid leaking from one of the posts, down the leg and pooling on the bottom of the support. Back and forth messages and failed visits from JFR Equipment we kind of just gave up. From our own inspection we found that the hydraulic hoses that runs from the top of the post had not been tighted up correctly during the install and therefore weeping oil down the post. A quick tighten and job done. Fast forward another month where we started to discover that the ramp would no longer lower itself. We investigated in more detail seeing as Ian from JFR Equipment was no where to be seen (keeping in mind he is an authorised fitter and supplier of Twin Busch).

At this point I was getting rather frustrated so decided to contact Twin Busch UK. The customer service represenative oddly mentioned that Ian was actually in their building for which he tried to pass me over. I politely declined and stated that due to a number of issues and the lack of confidence with JFR I no longer wish to deal with their authorised fitter and would request that they put me through to someone else who is authorised for their warranty work. For some reason this had then triggered an aggresive reply from the customer service agent stating that "he wasnt going to deal with shit from a customer through JFR". I was fairly gobsmacked which then raised some rather abrassive words from me and the call was cut short.

Yesterday I had escalated to Twin Busch management in Germany and true to the reviews it evidenced just how poor their customer service actually is. But... I have saved the best until last.

Late Tuesday we had removed the side panel covering for the control unit. To our horror we found that the connectors had been incorrectly installed which was then causing electrical arcing followed by excessive heat which then melted the terminal. I am glad that we had investigated as this could of resulted in a workshop fire and damaged our own reputation plus vehicles stored within the unit.

I am utterly gobsmacked by the experience but I want to share my story to help those make their own judgement call when purchasing and dealing with Twin Busch and JFR Equipment.

download-20200826-101951.
    download-20200826-101957.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. oscar

oscar Member