Tyre Disposal

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by juddster, Oct 30, 2013.

1. juddster

juddster Member

Hi Guys,

I am sure for a lot of us we have the same issue, where do you get rid of your dead tyres. Apart from paying at events to have the scrap taken away for which I do when they are swapped there, where can they be disposed of. I have a nice pile of dead tyre that need to be disposed of.

The local council tip will only take 4 (why do I pay my council tax again) so just wondered what you all did to get rid of them.

2. Piercy

Piercy Skid Skid Skid.

cant you just do multiple trips? :) i usually take 4-6 down one day and then another 4-6 another (or later in a different car :p)

3. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

4. David Reid

David Reid RB30 Charger

I thought there was a shortage of used tyres in the UK for fueling th epower station we built to consume them. I am suprised you cant find somewhere that will pay you for them

5. inliner04

inliner04 Member

we have a van come round to out work to collect them. they charge us somewhere around the 90p mark per tyre. Where abouts in the country are you? can give you a number if your in the south east.

6. anthonys14

anthonys14 New Member

If anyone knows any details for disposal around the Berkshire area, that would be fantastic!! And if its 90p per tyre, ill love you forever!! Lol

7. shirunai

shirunai Active Member

Here in Sweden we are lucky they take all our tires, if they whould charge me for it I whould dump them in the forest.

8. e36oscar

e36oscar New Member

might be worth talking to your local garage that does tyres.
    i work in a garage and we do tyres, a guy comes round once a month to pick up scrap tyres at about 50 p per tyre i think. so a garage may take them off you for a quid or two per tyre?

9. rich1988

rich1988 Member

I take them down to the dump, 4 tyres per go as you say, just do multiple trips, unless you're a trader or drift an insane amount how would you have more than 8 tyres to get rid of in a go?

10. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

You kidding, I use around 20 tyres per drift day.

#10 GB / John, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  11. rich1988

rich1988 Member

Well shut me up then! I've never used more than 4 sets of rears in one day, even so its not many trips and if its anything like the one near me they dont watch you put the tyres in the bin.