UK Guys: School Me on E36 Tourings!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by mike000, Jan 18, 2018.

1. mike000

mike000 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm from the US of A, and I've been dealing with one of, if not the most reputable European car importer in the states, in an attempt to bring over a pair of E36 tourings. For those not familiar, we can import cars to the US for street-use under the 25-year-exemption law, based off of the production date of the vehicle. For example, today I can import any vehicle from anywhere in the world that was built in January of 1993 or before. I know the tourings first came out as 1994 model year, presumably beginning production sometime during mid-to-late 1993, however I cannot pinpoint when production began. I'm having the hardest time finding any information regarding production of the touring models, so I'm hoping some of the European Bimmer fans on here might be able to shed some light, or shoot me in the right direction. Basic internet searches haven't turned up much for useful information.

Help me out, and I'll help you out next time you guys want to import some junky USA things, like Mustangs, Corvettes, Harleys, whatever it is that you guys like lol.