Victoria P-plate legal

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drifting Freeman, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Drifting Freeman

Drifting Freeman New Member

Am just curious about some popular suggestions to start out drifting whilst still on my P's. So far it seems the rx-8 and 325i are popular choices. Any other recommendations? And what mods are suggested?

2. Vayowin

Vayowin New Member

I'd steer clear of rx8, they take a bit of work to setup geometry and power curve wise. E36 would be my choice now all the s13 and r32 na's in Victoria have skyrocketed. Unless you enjoy a challenge then you can go ksev like I did 10 years ago on my p's :p but again takes a bit of dosh to get them going ok (ie something other than the crappy 1.3 4k) unless wet weather skids at donna buang is your aim lol. Im not sure what the laws are like now but I just missed the turbo ban in 2007 so I got lucky. Although I hear that has been lifted? if not stick to something that has over 120kw, if your into conversions smash a manual into a mx83 cressy and cut sick or else bmw would be the better of the two choices you suggested (just make sure to reinforce the sub mounts, Victorian roads are horrid as im sure your aware. Axel tramp is bad)......or buck the trend and setup a manual falcon taxi because nothing says straya like a faded yellow ba falcon hahaha (pretty sure that's my next project for kicks and giggles)