Wanted: Soarer auto gearbox bits

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Zedhex, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Zedhex

Zedhex Member

I am doing the unthinkable: I'm going to convert my old Soarer drift car back into road spec, which will mean swapping my R154 for an auto box. Why would I do this? Because I can't drive it anymore due to an injury to my left hand - I crashed a motorcycle, had surgery, physio, exercise, blah blah blah. I have finally come to the conclusion that it really ain't going to get better, so I either sell the car or convert it to auto. The problem is that when I installed my manual transmission, (like most people) I threw away all the bits for the auto. So I don't have the shift lever, the mechanism below it, the kick down cable, the oil cooling pipes, the prop shaft etc.

So here's the big ask: does anyone have any old Soarer auto gearbox bits left over from when they converted their cars? I'm particularly interested in a soarer V8 prop (this is because I'm using an auto box from an Aristo, and the original 1JZ prop doesn't fit onto it, but the V8 one does), the shift lever and mechanism, and the kick down cable.

2. beat_core

beat_core Member

Yo dude, maaaaany people out there looking to do an Auto to Manual swap for Soarers.
    I'd bet that you can find someone looking to do so and swap with cash your way for the r154? :)

3. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

I'll have look next time i'm at the unit. Must have most of those bits in the rubbish pile :)

4. s13silvia

s13silvia doughnut muncher

I got a rare soarer auto full conversion for £3k

jokes, but seriously id consider driving down and swapping out with you with a lil cash transfer.. then we both know we got all bits.. is yours 1uz or 2jz?