What happens in the west midlands??

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by AK-47, Apr 23, 2014.

1. AK-47

AK-47 New Member

Hi,

I've recently moved up here to Evesham for a career move into a BTCC team, which i am loving! However i dont really have anything to do when im not working and have no clue where anything or anyone exciting meets or does things etc..
    I'm used to working on my s13 every spare bit of time and havn't been able to find any workshop space up here to finish it off yet either :(

Anyone have any advice for me ??

Thanks,
    Alex.

2. mattc

mattc Member

Not far from Birmingham Wheels which has skid risk every month.

Not to far away from POD/Silverstone/Donington park.

When you say does things, if your talking street there are so I've heard people in Worcester and Redditch that might do some

3. David Reid

David Reid RB30 Charger

Evesham has one of the most well supported Autograss clubs in the country, with very competitive cars and meetings.

The next meeting is this Sunday racing starts at 11, go along and have a look.

4. Fred Gassit

Fred Gassit New Member

Also interested in events in this area. What goes on at Throckmorton airfield? Was there for a club autosolo one time and there was a lot of noisy drift action going on across the other side of the site?

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Stuff happens at Throckmorton but it seems it's kept fairly on the sly, local stuff for local people.

There was 'race wars' there the other day it seems, and though it sounds like it was fighting with black people, it was actually some car thing that I'm fairly sure included drifting too.

6. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Which BTCC team? Team Dynamics or the mighty Sherman? They are both on the same estate IIRC???

7. Fred Gassit

Fred Gassit New Member

What goes on in Redditch then? Naughty car park abuse?

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Surely that'd be a massive waste of a town literally full of big roundabouts and sweeping wide sliproads.

Looks to me like if you lived in Redditch and had to 'look' for somewhere to skid you'd need your eyes tested!

9. Fred Gassit

Fred Gassit New Member

One of my colleagues lives there and used to complain about noisy hoons "playing" somewhere near his house. Disused industrial estate or similar maybe?

10. mattc

mattc Member

Loads of industrial estates and nice roundabouts in Redditch

11. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

Wtf throckmorton still allows skids?!?!??? I literally spoke to a guy this week who runs a company that does Ferrari driving experiences for juniors at throckmorton, asked him about poss renting out the land he was using for a day. His response was- the site owners can't allow it for drifting cos locals moaned about noise when it was last drifted on!!!!!???

12. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

And redditch does have loads of roundabouts/ slip roads / quiet industrial type areas, but I'm reliably informed that this is Worcester:

Loads of roundabouts there that are out of town/ quiet at night

13. Fred Gassit

Fred Gassit New Member

Yeah, but roundabouts are surrounded by kerbs, lamp posts and other things I don't want to hit! My car control skills are sh1t, so I need lots of space. :-)

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Go to a drift day

15. mattc

mattc Member

Skidrisk at Wheels this weekend

16. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

This is sensible. Still stuff to hit if u wanna stay local and go to a skid risk day, but at least you haven't gotta worry about getting busted by the law whilst trying to concentrate on driving!!