What S13 bushes do I need + wheel nuts?

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by kiruji, Dec 5, 2005.

1. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

Since fitting a welded diff, the back of my car is getting saggier and saggier...

What bushes do I need to tighten it up a shedload?

The front's pretty sloppy too, so do you do anything that would help there?

I've done a 5-stud conversion too, so it's not all S13 bits now, if that makes a difference.

Do you do wheel nuts? I'm running 25mm spacers all round and they have a :euge: Ford thread on them, the nuts I've got are crap and badly need replacing... Do you do some sexy, super-strong lightweight ones in a Ford fitment? :D

Oh, I'm ready to order the latest Option DVD too now :wack: :thumbs:

EDIT : Oh yeah, do you do fire extinguishers?

#1 kiruji, Dec 5, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  2. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Greg,
    the subframe bushes make quite a big difference, especially on the S13 where the front pair are filled with goop :wack:
    Then you've got the arm bushes, it depends if you've got adjustable arms as to how many you need.

Solid diff bushes are on the way, but will be a little while. They won't be for the faint hearted due to the amount of noise they transfer into the car, but if you want it supertight.....

Front arm bushes are proving a little elusive at the moment, but adjustable tension rods will help quite a lot.

5-stud? no worries, it's all the same :)

Wheel nuts, we can get standard ones at around £1.50 each, but steer away from the lightweight 'race look' nuts as they tend to thread really easily and when you're swapping wheels as much as we do, they just turn out to be a pain

JDM Option Vol 20 rocks :nod: We've stocked up on that so no worries there, plenty left :)

Fire extinguishers, we can get all sorts within a day or 2, but were waiting to hear the D1GB safety regs before stocking them ourselves. Once we know what the recommendations are, we'll work out the best option and bulk buy them to get you guys a decent price :thumbs:

Cheers :)

3. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

Top answerage :thumbs:

I don't have any adjustable stuff on the back at the moment, so I'll need a set of 4 subframe bushes, 4 x rear lower arm bushes and 10 x other rear arm bushes. That should tighten up the back a lot?

Also need a set of adjustable tension rods for the front - I can only see S14/S15 ones in the shop though?

Finally, will need 20 x wheel nuts in a Ford fitment... Can you get slimline ones? I don't want twat my alloys about with a brace everytime I swap wheels :D

Oh, and a copy of Option V20 :D

Have I listed everything right? If so, I'll start adding it all to my basket and seeing how much it's going to hurt me :wack:

I'll leave the other stuff till you have it in stock.

4. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I want a little URL sticker doing... Not sure where it'll go, what size or what I want it to look like yet though :wack:

Can you cut out any font (if I supply it)?

5. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Only S13 tension rods we have on the shelf are the Tein ones. We're on the case with some cheaper ones, I'll chase those up today and report back :)

Wheelnuts, I'm pretty sure we can get 17mm ones :nod:

Stickers are no problem. We can cut any font :nod:

6. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

How long will the nuts take to get in?

Can you do something like this :

[​IMG]

In say 15cm long? How much for 4? 2 normal, 2 reversed?

#6 kiruji, Dec 5, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  7. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

I've just seen the tension arms... Going to have to leave those for a bit, I'm not that flush yet :D

The thermostatic sandwich plates you do, have they got any take offs on them for oil pressure/temp gauges?

8. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

9. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

thermostatic sandwich plates don't include gauge takeoffs, we're trying to find a better solution for that...

10. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

OK then, I've added all the bushes to my basket - how do I add the wheel nuts?

Apparently the sticker above isn't subtle enough for the 2nd car it's going on, so back to the drawing board - any ideas? Maybe involving the funky frosted vinyl?

I can ouput any bit of the logo seperately - might just have it in text though, I imagine it'll all look a bit shit otherwise :wack:

I'm ready to order bushes/dvd/nuts though :thumbs:

11. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Matt black or frosted stickers won't be a problem, depends what colour they're going onto though as to how subtle they'll look....

Wheelnuts are (off the top of my head) £1.50 each, but they're going to be reasonably heavy so it'll be an extra couple of quid for postage. If you add a 55cm custom stickers item and a pack of cable ties to your order that'll work out perfectly. Then just jot down in the custom order box what wheel nuts you want :)

12. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

13. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorted :thumbs:
    Should get those all in the post tomorrow :)
    cheers,

14. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

Cool, look forward to recieving them :D

15. -WJ-

-WJ- Dutch drifter

any news on these cheaper tension rods ?

Cause the front of my S13 is going bonkebonkeklonkeklonk.
    sounds really frightening :)

16. -WJ-

-WJ- Dutch drifter

bumpity regarding my question bout the tension rods

17. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

no news yet I'm afraid dude, we're working on it, but we're not happy with the quality of some of the cheaper items we've seen so far.
    If it comes down to it, we'll get our own made :smash: