What size disc type for SSR Profs on s14a??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by kingj, Jul 11, 2011.

1. kingj

kingj sliding it in

I can get my head around the widths and offsets but Im getting stuck with what "disk" type to go for? I can understand that the hyper have least dish due to calliper clearance, and super low have most lip, but still not 100% on what to go for on my s14a? running 50mm wide rear fenders and +20mm front.

I was going to go for

18x10.5 et +5 SL disk with 123mm rear lip
    18x9.5 et +5 NR disk with 97mm lip front

Is this right?? obviously I want the biggest lips as possible:wack:

unless I can get 18x10 front ansd 18x11 rear?? but would have thought a 10j on the front would lead to shit handling?

Any help welcome:D thanks dudes:thumbs:

link to disk info Tokyo Express

2. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Depends really on what you want your car to look like and drive like :nod:

10's with minus offset up front is possible and i was running 18x9.5 - 7 front on standard wings , with a 225/35 tyre they where nice hardly any flare aswell. Rears wise you will easily get 11's with minus offset under there and even 12's if thats what you want but again tyre choice will determin the out come , 255/35 will be big stretch on an 11 but will give lots of room for fit and a 265/35 will be big stretch on a 12 but again will give loads of room.

SL disk will give you the most dish yes and will also bolt up to the rear of an S14 fine :thumbs: for the front you need 15mm of space from the SL disc type to clear the front callipers so id be more tempted to go with the MD type disk just to be on the safe side as that will give 21mm extra clearance over the SL disk type and should clear S14 calipers easy and if its a little close (I had to shave my callipers :wack) a small shim spacer will sort you :nod: :thumbs:

Also those sizes are just for referance they will make them to any custom specs you require so you could tweak and play about with offsets etc to get them just right :thumbs:

3. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Ok cool, Its really confusing as I would have thought that an 18x9 et -7 would have more dish than an 18x9 et +24 but depending on disk type this doesnt seem to be the case:wack:

I dont want to run stupid camber:no: so was thinking 18x9.5/10.5 would make life a little easier, but Tbh for the sake of a hundred quid I may go for an 11j:D

4. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

The offset is measured from the wheel mounting face so a SL disk is just totaly flat where as a NR disk has a mounting face wich is raised by 13mm so in theory if you have a wheel wich has SL disk, et 20 offset and the dish is 100mm , a wheel with NR disk and et20 offset would then have a dish 13mm less so would become 87mm dish because the wheel centre has to move further out due to the raised disk in order to keep the et20 offset :nod: . If you wanted the same dish as the SL disk wheel but with NR disk you need an offset 13mm lower so you would have to go for et 7.

I don't think you would need stupid camber , i was running 3.5 degrees up front wich maybe seen as a little excessive to some but the car handled and looked great .

Hope this helps :thumbs:

5. kingj

kingj sliding it in

yep I get you bud:thumbs: definately going for 18x9.5 et +5 nr disk front with 97mm lip and either 18x10.5 et +5 sl rear with 123mm lip or maybe 18x11 et -1 sl disk with 135mm lip:nod:

Tbh I dont know whether the added hassle of fitting an 11j -1 and associated tyre cost is worth it for an extra 12mm worth of lip:wack: since the rears are both super low anyways I doubt you will even see the difference??

Simply from the name I would have expected "hyper" to be the most lip,not the least:wack: super low for me:D