wide arch fd rx7

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by redgti, Jul 10, 2011.

1. redgti

redgti Member

Copied from ebay

For sale
    1993 Mazda RX7,
    I bought this car as a rolling shell while I was a university to keep myself busy in final year. I finished it last year about 7-8 months ago. However I found myself a job shortly after finishing it that requires me to move all round the country and I just do not get time to use the car now.
    I have probably only done around 1500 miles in it since finishing it and that has mainly been down to the more popular Japanese events, Jap show, Japfest and a couple of local shows. So it is up for sale so somebody else can enjoy it.
    It truely is a one off and I can honestly say I have not seen another RX7 that looks like this one I had the aim of keeping it subtle (yes I know it is bright yellow) without any of the ‘in your face’ body kits that can ruin the lines of an rx7. It has so much road presence has really got to be seen.

Ok so the spec.
    Body
    Type x so model has sunroof which works fine (not sure on mileage of this as I bought it as a shell with no dials or previous mots, car was broken for bit because body was very tatty)
    Wide arch kit supplied from RotaryArt (smoothed in) Rear 50mm wider each side
    Front 30mm wider each side - £600

De-badged bumpers, rear qtr reflectors, aerial front number plate removed
    Full re-spray in Mazda Sunburst Yellow - £1700
    Engine bay colour coded to the wheels however it was a slightly different white and it is quite dirty now what with it being an engine bay and all.
    Tinted rear hatch
    Chargespeed front Splitter (cracked but ziptied together for ‘scene points’) £150
    Private registration, K1 C YA might appeal to some, valued at £1000
    Wheels, suspension and brakes
    Rota Drift Boost wheels in white good condition (few chips nothing major all straight no buckles)
    Fronts 18 x 9j ET30 225/35 (8mm tread) £300
    Rears 18 x 10j ET20 275/35(3-4mm tread)£350
    Tokico Monza shocks and springs (-50mm I would think by the look of it)
    Brand new inner and outer track rods £50
    20mm + 25mm hubcentric spacers front and rear. £140
    ABS removed for light weight and it looked horrible in the engine bay (all new hard pipes)
    Goodridge braided flexi hoses £65
    Braided clutch line £30

Engine spec
    Engine I removed from a crashed car which had been rebuilt 20k ago by Hayward. It runs very well starts hot and cold. I will get a compression test done at some point.
    I have just had this car mapped at Silverstone autos (review in this month Japanese performance) It hit 323BHP and a little under 350lb ft at 0.9 bar of boost but my manual boost controller wouldn’t hold the boost and it was tailing off at higher RPM (proves the ported waste gate works as no boost creep what so ever). This work cost me £830 including parts. With an electronic boost controller it’s expected to see 350BHP. Martin (at Silverstone autos) said it pulled very well, If anybody wanted any confirmation you could probably give him a call I only had the work done about a month ago and he will remember the car.
    Pair of rebuilt uprated turbos large pad 360 thrust bearings, double ringed shafts with ported waste gate (have around 5000miles on them) £1800
    Apexi power FC with commander £550
    Walbro uprated fuel pump £120
    Turbo smart boost controller £50
    Turbosmart fuel pressure regulator £210
    HKS intakes
    HKS down pipe 3” £120
    Silenced De-cat centre pipe 3” £60
    Knightsport back box 3” £80 (Sounds nice and not loud at all)
    Non sequential conversion (done properly welded and ported) rats nest removed
    Oil metering pump removed and blanked off (Banzai racing kit)
    Air pump removed and all emissions blanked off (Banzai racing kit)
    Cold start throttle coolant hose removed (to prevent the throttle body being warmed by boiling coolant)
    RAIT fast responding air intake temp sensor £25
    Uprated Ignition leads
    New Plugs £50
    Polished plenum, rear intake and y pipe
    V Mount intercooler set up £300
    Aluminium radiator £120
    Samco Extreme flex hoses £70
    Electric fans on a separate switch £70 (I never seen over 84degrees on this set up I normally switch the fans on when I am in traffic)
    Interior
    Flocked dash board and centre console £180
    Carbon cloth front seats £100
    Greddy Boost gauge £40
    Apexi Power FC commander on the dash to view important info
    Buddy club bucket seat (not for anyone on the large side would suggest you take the standard seat if you are a bit bigger.)
    Aircon completely removed (pipes, rad, condenser, everything in the dash) to make it lighter, it all weighed a ton when taken out.

Bad points
    Paint job is not top show winning quality little areas let it down such as masking (it is good, but not top dollar then again I didn’t pay top dollar for it)
    Rear window trim missing
    Interior plastics not amazing, I just quickly blitzed over them with some satin black to make them look a little more presentable. Heater controls tempremental but will be picking up another set of these soon.
    Boot interior trim missing I have some of it.
    One of the head light covers came off on an A road so has a couple of chips in the paint
    Car is very low don’t buy it if you live anywhere with mountainous speed bumps, hence why the front splitter is slightly damaged (although it will clear them slowly)
    Mileage indicator on dash doesn’t work, and the speedo and rev counter have played up in the past seem ok now though anyway I will keep my eyes peeled for new dials in the mean time.

Maybe interested in a p/x if in the rules but I would want some money coming my way.

mazda rx7 twin turbo wide arch 323BHP | eBay UK

2. redgti

redgti Member

#2 redgti, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  3. redgti

redgti Member

No interest in this at all? I may break this as I have had a couple of people mess me around!

4. knucxx

knucxx Member

5. redgti

redgti Member

ooops sorry.

£5000 not looking to take anything less that tha really as It will break for good money.

6. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

whats compression on both rotors? do you have any paperwork for that rebuild? location?

cheers,

Jord

7. redgti

redgti Member

Nope no paper work as stated in the ad (I think). I will try and get over to silverstone to get a comp test on saturday morn if they have time and have the leads back for their compression tester.

Car is currently in Manchester, If any body wants more pics I can email them over.

Cheers

James

8. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

9. redgti

redgti Member

email on its way over to you.