WILL THIS CAR MAKE A GOOD DRIFT BUILD??? HELP!!!!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by RCXD54, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Would a 1998-2002, v8, rwd, manual, hard top, Camaro z28 make a good drift build?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. RCXD54

RCXD54 New Member

9A915361-6875-434E-A85D-E2E5723690C1. Hey everyone, I’m new to this hobby and really want to get into it. I was thinking on getting a good car for drifting and wanted something unconventional. Meaning that a car no one would think of or at least an uncommon drift car. So here’s my thinking..

1998-2002, V8, rwd, manual, hard too, Camaro z28...

I was thinking this since it meets the requirements to drift. At least I think it does.
    I always see Toyota’s and Nissan’s and even mustangs but not camaros..

I’m asking if there is something I’m overlooking and the car would be terrible. Or it might be great. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions. I don’t even know if this is the right place to post this... any and all help is much appreciated. THANKS!

#1 RCXD54, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. RCXD54

RCXD54 New Member

Please guys. Just leave your thoughts and opinions. I need some help

3. tomsheen

tomsheen Active Member

Manual, rwd v8 yes it will drift. Weld the diff, get a bucket seat, harness and coilovers and let us all know how you get on

4. tomsheen

tomsheen Active Member

and no this is not the right place it should probably be in “Technical”
    When/if you buy the car then put pics or videos of you doing shit with the car in this section.

5. RCXD54

RCXD54 New Member

Thanks man. I will go ahead and get myself one. My only problem is that people tend to think a 4th gen Camaro has a weak rear axle and can’t handle going sideways. Do u have any clue if there is evidence of that? And sorry for being a noob but what does welding the dif do... I’ve seen people do it but don’t know why?

6. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Personally, I wouldnt bother as Ive never been a fan,

Kudos for wanting to be unique though. But you will be forever up against the cold hard truth that forging a new path is expensive, wastes time and effort and is counter productive, not to mention disheartening when you are sat there with a none working car and your mates are having fun. On the flip side when it works you can paint it orange, drive a Lambo for kicks and become a legend in a decade !!

By all means do it, but maybe as the next car once youve done a more reliable, easy route (S-body) into drifting initially so you can apply your new found knowledge - such as why you weld a diff - to the unique camaro project. Oh and you weld it so that can break the rear wheels away in unison and not spin your power away through a one way.

J.