Wine connoisseurs

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Nick Sheen, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

Right is there any wine connoisseurs on here, or anyone who knows anyone who is? i need to find someone or somewhere i can get some wine valued, i'm gonna try google and what not too, but its always more helpful if someone on here has a clue .

basically i've gone and got myself 6 cases of a 1961 chateau montrose... and i want to sell it (theres a suprise) but never really having much to do with the old squashed grapes i havent got a clue how to go about it.

anyone know anything?

i'm hoping i'll pocket a nice bit anyway. which is pretty much my main goal in all aspects of life.

so anyone who can help or point me in the right direction. much appreciated.

maybe i'll try wineworks.com/forum

2. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

3. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Prepare to be robbed Nick. Your house may get ramraided by a matt black soarer sometime soon.

4. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

£130 a bottle, well that wouldnt be bad. but i'm sure people wouldnt pay that from me. maybe if i was a reputable dealer or whatever? but i;m not im a scutter who found wine.

bon the wine is going into my wine cellar, well my bedroom, so you are going to have to ramraid my house vertically.

5. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Scroll down for the crate prices. Crates of 6 for like, 3 grand. lol

Contact some wine merchant/dealer type people and offer them to them.

6. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

MEHHH MEHHH MEHH I WANT THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY. please let alcohol be the thing that actually turns my life around. haha. holy fuck man, it'd be pure profit too. aslike a lot of my stuff, it was my favourite price...;) £0.

7. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

how big are the cases? 6, 12, there seem to be lots of different prices. there is a case going for £3.5k

£3500.00
    Case of 12 Btls
    09-Aug-2007

8. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Find it somewhere in the shit hole?

9. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

12, just bust open a case, its all nuice inside they are wrapped in straw and lavender tissue paper. worried the elements might have fucked the bottle tops a bit..gonna leave one to stand for a few hours....then basically drink it.

10. Miss Bishop

Miss Bishop New Member

Wine is one of my favourite hobbies - how did you come across Chateau montrose? Yum! :)

11. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

bingo, i gave the keys back today so i had a last flying rush round, and then maybe struck gold.

saying that i also through a manky carpet and smashed tins of paint outside the gate that twat looks through.

back on track . wine ;)

12. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

er basically i was clearing out my workshop type place/storage place for this guys stuff. basically the wine got cleared out of an old stateley home and then sat around near me for a few years without me knowing,. then i came across it today. asked the guy what he wanted to do with it..he said take it if you want it.

so thats what i did.

13. Miss Bishop

Miss Bishop New Member

Thats crazy lucky !

Do you want to split it or sell it as one lot?

Why not try an auction if you cant shift it quickly?

14. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Don't drink it, that could be like, £200 you're drinking. Just take it to a wine place and let them value/taste/whatever it

15. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

reading a little further, price depends on condition of bottles, labels etc. don't bust them open or damage cases. just sell them and buy super bok or some other shit like that. bon is right. you are not a wine bod you prob wouldn't know what you are drinking so don't bother drinking it.

16. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

i'll just sell it as one lot.i'll probably not drink it now. my old man knows a fair bit about wine, but itsprobably much more sensible to take it to an expert

ive also got a couple of boxes of a 1975 crozes hermitage or some name like that, but that looks abit past it to me. wasnt stored in good conditions

and a box of 1966Beaune-therons...lousi jadot or something or other

17. Jason

Jason Nurse?

Nick, be careful how you store them!!!! keep them on their side, and rotate them, or the corks will dry out and it will be fucked!! do not stand them up to store them!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

18. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

POW they are on their side. but like i said ive only just found them, i bet the condition of them is pretty fucked. it'd be nice to dream i have stumbled across a little bit of money here, but i just think that they have been in poor conditions for too long. shame

oh yeh jason. ....xxxxxxxxxxx

19. kiruji

kiruji Active Member

My brother's a wine buff and buys/sells wine for profit... He says contact David or Will Gardner at Nickolls & Perks in Stourbridge. They're a wine broker and will sell it on your behalf for a cut - he reckons if you've never sold wine before it's the best way to get the true value as they'll know what it's worth and will have a list of people that might be interested in it :)

You can say Jonathan Field gave you their details :thumbs:

20. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

woah cheers dude. thats pretty damn helpful appreciate it:)

i'll get on the case...