Xr6t Ford Falcon Daily Street / Track.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Direza, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Direza

Direza Member

Hey guys I have been on these forums for a very long time absolutely love all of the projects and the time and effort people put in into their cars. I was bitten by the drift bug a few years ago and have always had the want to get a car to the point of where I can enter events, thankfully with my recent job find I had been able to start working on my car. Be warned however this is not exactly the ideal choice for a drift car but living in Australia, I would like to do something a tad different :) Pictures will do the talking.

It is usually quite a heavy car, however. I have managed to shave down atleast 200 kgs from all of the crap that has been removed and you can really feel it, the back end is very very light It is semi gutted on the inside, with the front carpets still there, all sound deadening removed (I didn't have any to begin with :)) . It is a Ford Falcon BA, 4.0 ltr 24v VVT straight 6 non Turbo, 130,000km on the engine/body. Manual. Straight pipe straight through exhaust with one resi. Stripped interior ready for 4 pt cage, and room in engine bay is long crying out for a turbo :) Full Nolethane bushes all around, non lsd diff : /. Pedders Full Adjustable suspension, with camber plates. Upgraded drilled and slotted brakes up front and rear.
    Transmission Oil cooler, Oil catch can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plans are quite simple me thinks :)

Turbo Kit with tune, run comfortable 320-350 rwhp.
    Intercooler, Big alloy rad for cooling issues to not arise,
    Need some flashy road wheels Koya Drift Teks in black maybe, an idea : P
    Exhaust.
    Front, Rear strut bars.

#1 Direza, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Direza

Direza Member

BA 4.0 L EFI DOHC Unleaded 182 kW (244 hp) 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)

is what it is as a non turbo without counting any mods.

BA XR6 Turbo 4.0 L EFI DOHC Unleaded 240 kW (322 hp) 450 N·m (332 lb·ft) Garrett GT3540 turbocharger

is what you can expect :) with a tiny 6-8 psi boost :p
    These engines are good with stock internals untill 420-450 hp untill you have to start opening it up :)

Anywho let me know what you all think :) Cheers.

PS: Me and my driveway haven't been friends for quite some time :)

#2 Direza, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. adamszki

adamszki biscuit not kouki

these make a lovely noise with a nice exhaust on... i loved all the holden utes and stuff when i was in oz.

good luck with the project dude and welcome to DW.

4. sebring

sebring New Member

Where in QLD are you mate? I used to live in cairns before moving to the UK!
    Could of gotten an SV6 though mate ;)

5. Direza

Direza Member

Mhm

Yeah mate they sure do : ) non turbo's are fairly quick too the torque.. is just intense, apart from that cheers good to be here : ) if anyone has anything to add please feel free to : ) any comments good or bad are always a ++ in my book hehe.

Ah yeah bud I am in Brisbane, loving it so far as my job is just sick :D and unfortunately Sv6 wasn't something I liked : ) they look nice :) but I believe to each their own

Small Update:

Ordered some rims
    Koya Drift Tek in silver with staggered offset
    [​IMG]

18x8.5
    18x9.5

Should fill out those arches nicely.
    should be here within a few days.
    The one good thing is that the arches are actually already flared from factory.

#5 Direza, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. Tekkendude

Tekkendude New Member

Hey looking at doing much the same thing this year. did you get any further with this or have any input that might help me? Love getting mine sideway