Yes another SR20DE+T question

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by matt_23, Jun 23, 2018.

1. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Getting same from the ECU end of the loom so I guess the MAF is fine.

Started it up to check it and idled great for around 2-3 mins but misfired when revved but then after the 2-3 minutes when it started to get warm it went rough and lumpy then died.

#241 matt_23, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Replaced the oxygen sensor and the coolant temperature sensor as they popped up as fixes when googled but it still starts fine then after 2 minute it starts hunting and misfiring.

The fact the MAF checks out aswell I'm completely stumped now.

3. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Update

It started today fine and I kept it running by keeping the revs up and now it doesn't die and idles ok, still a little lumpy and misfires abit. Took it for a dive and drives ok but no power.

Got a MAF error code for the second time but it goes away so it's intermittent, dies idle better when it's unplugged so it's definitely the MAF and I've found someone who will let me try there's.

Will post up results when I try it.

4. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Finally!

Got another MAF but still didn't run right so for the 3rd time I setup the cas again and the ignition timing.... And it started and idled but drove aswell!

There is a slight misfire but has power and pulls as it should, boost comes in about 4000rpm.

But from here I'm guessing it's going to need a tune so I'm going to get some 740cc injectors/fit the z32 MAF/get the nistune board fitted and bigger fuel pump.

Now is there anything I should do/fit or need before I take it to a tuner? Anything that will help them tune the car or help the car get tuned?

5. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

As for the full boost by 4k, have you confirmed the VCT solenoid is getting 12V?

As for what to do before a tune (not just for you Matt, but for all who read this):

a good service (fresh oil & filter, fresh fuel filter, make sure coolant is bled, no visible fluid leaks anywhere)
    make sure timing marks are easily visible if timing needs to be confirmed
    if you run the car slammed then wind the coilovers up to make it easier to get on the rollers / connect tow straps. Leave off any body kit
    tidy the interior, especially where the tuner will be sitting
    good tread on the rear tyres
    know what diff ratio you have (approx is ok)
    full tank of gas

the last thing to do before loading up is throw a fresh set of gapped plugs in (0.8mm)

6. matt_23

matt_23 Member

I haven't checked the solenoid no so somthing on the to do list.

Will update when it's ready for the tune.

7. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Haven't driven it since and haven't checked the vct solenoid but when I did take it for a drive it was kinda flat til 4k when boost did come in. But since I have a tomei m7969 turbo could the wastegate actuator have a too stronger/softer spring in it? Not entirely sure on the workings of them.

Oh and not sure how much of a problem this would be but when I bought new plugs awhile ago I was sent the wrong ones (only just noticed this) they are ultra cold heat range 10 and I know for a stock to mildly modified 6-7 should be used so would that affect it much?

8. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Yea they won't help much, you need 7's in there.

9. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

10. matt_23

matt_23 Member

Got some in.

Pulls alot better now and hits boost pretty damn well! Comes in around 3ish.

Only couple of things, slight misfire on idle.

There is a rattle type noise when letting off the pedal, foot down and nothing but soon as I let off there's a little rattle noise sounds like the old ford fiest engines tappety.