your review about 1999 toyota Altezza 2.0 RS200 Z edition

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dark.ryzer, Sep 30, 2012.

1. dark.ryzer

dark.ryzer New Member

-your honest review about this car
    -pros and cons
    -would you buy this car?
    -would you recommend this to a first-time drivers?
    -is the insurance of this car expensive compared to....lets say s15 silvia?

2. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

How old are you? I think you are going to struggle to get insurance cheaply on a 200hp import car as your first time car.

Yes I would buy it, there are better drift cars out there but altezzas will drift. Put the TRD or Hotchkis anti-roll bars and some coilovers on and they handle very well. My IS200 was wallowy as fuck to begin with and now it's pretty much flat through most corners. I don't drift mine though, as I've had the geo done and set everything up for grip driving round country lanes. I did manage to get it drifting a bit to begin with, but I can't drift for shit and I had to pump the tyres up to about 70psi and just destroy it in 2nd gear all the time. Should be much easier in a 200hp tez though.

dale_b is the person to talk to about altezzas, he knows his shit inside out!

3. lexus boy

lexus boy Active Member

Pro
    Great Handling
    Good Space

Cons
    Very uneconomical
    Heavy Car
    High Insurance - Even more so as an import
    Not great performance

I had one as my first car, there is a wealth of products to modify and improve the car out there. Which will once again have an impact on insurance.

Quite possibly one of the nicest cars. I very much would have again. The power is lacking, but still great driving experience. Fun.

4. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

sounds more like you're talking about the IS rather than the RS ?

the RS is actually quite good on fuel easily get 75 miles for £20 of super, dont feel as heavy as the IS, a lot more agile and performance is OK too, wont blow your mind but still pretty fun, I had an Auto RS for a short while and really rather quite liked it and the manual is meant to be alot better than the auto.

5. lexus boy

lexus boy Active Member

Depends what you are comparing it with?

Comparing with other cars in the class then it is still low power wise, due to the weight. The weight difference is very small between an IS and an RS, about 30kg. I did say the handling was very good, just the power side of it and weight.