Z33 AFM not fitting S14 big issue please help

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Elton, Feb 14, 2012.

1. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

Just put the end in boiling water for a while...

2. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Apex do a z32 pipe for sr20

3. Elton

Elton Member

Was able to warm the rubber pipe and wedge the afm on last nite :) my only worry now is it flexing on boost and the issues u lot are sayin about it running shit after :-/ will it only matter if I'm running more power say like over 300bhp?? Sorry to keep goin on about it but more info the better wiv me as I am a novice lol cheers

4. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

You are going to need a re map now if you are running the z32 , as everyone has been saying .

5. liamc111

liamc111 Member

it'll run like crap, will definatly need mapping. either with a nistune board or go to someone like horsham developments and get one of their boards.

imo if your only going to between 250-270 bhp there's no need for it and a standard afm will do the job fine

6. Rossi

Rossi N/A fo life yo

As said i would go to Jez at H-Dev as he can remap the standard ECU upto 500bhp. To be honest i would stick a standard AFM on there so you can at least drive the car without it running like crap then fit the Z32 when your at the place the car will be remapped.
    Dump valve should be fitted in the pipework close to the intake manifold but as said why bother with one:no: