We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This Website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that Driftworks is not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites which may be linked from the Driftworks website, so please check these separately.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
Driftworks is the sole owner of the information collected on this Website. We will not sell, or rent this information to any other company and will only share your information with 3rd parties essential to placing an order and providing after care, such as banking systems (PayPal) and delivery firms (DPD/FedEx). Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes without your express permission.
What information we collect:
- Information that you provide to us when setting up or amending an account with us. For example, your name, addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers, password, and redacted card details which can be used when you subsequently place an order through our payment merchants (we do not store any full card numbers).
- Information that you provide to us when placing an order online or by filling in an online registration form. For example, your name, email address, payment address and redacted card details which are essential for processing an order.
- Information which you voluntarily disclose to us by email or other means.
- Information collected from surveys/contests
- Information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your internet usage obtained using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
What we do with the information:
- Create and maintain your account with us.
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested in.
- to ask you from time to time if you would like to provide feedback on or participate in market research on our products and services. You do not have to participate in these if you do not wish.
- To comply with our obligations following your order as set out in our terms and conditions of sale.
- To provide regular updates and newsletters in respect of our products and services.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer and otherwise perform our obligations in relation to the goods and/or services which we have agreed to provide to you. For example, we may use an outside carrier company to deliver orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- To provide you with information and services including any marketing that you have requested from us and otherwise to respond to queries which you may submit.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website where you have chosen to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To offer you products and services provided by us.
- Provide information to the police, regulators, law enforcement or other government agency where the law requires this, where appropriate to prevent or detect criminal activity, or in connection with product safety, and otherwise to relevant third parties to protect Driftworks, its business, staff and customers.
- We do not make automated decisions or do profiling based on the data we hold.
Correcting and updating Personal Information:
To change your personally identifiable information, such as your telephone number or address, login to “MY ACCOUNT” and amend your details, alternatively you can contact us and we will amend these details for you. If you no longer desire our service, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the personal data you have provided to us (inline with UK GDPR regulation). The ICO can be reached at ico.org.uk should you need to make a complaint about how we have handled a data request, but please contact us first if you have any concerns about your data so we can put things right.
How long do we store your information:
As your information is linked to your account, we will store this as long as you have an account with us. This allows you to look back over past orders, submit warranty requests etc. We may chose to remove orders details over 5 years old from accounts, or dormant accounts over 5 years old that have no orders linked to them, to keep everything running smoothly. Other than the aforementioned we won't delete your account details unless requested.
Cookies are tiny files that help track the use of the site and to personalise your journey. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Driftworks, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this.
For more info on cookies (including advice on removing them) see www.allaboutcookies.org
We utilise both:
First party cookies: These are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site and ensure your session is maintained throughout our website.
Third party cookies: These are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites' on its behalf. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
we've listed each of them below with more details about why we use them and how long they will last.
If you require a full list of our first party cookies please contact us.