Developed for the increasingly popular option of 2JZ NA-T builds. The 2JZGE manifold is almost identical to the GTE Version. But with the all-important GE head flange format. This mighty power unit is begging for a large turbo. Our 2JZGE Manifold is just the product to enable that.
There's no shortage of Toyota 2JZ exhaust manifolds available but the construction methods we use, set our product apart from the rivals.
- First and foremost not all 304 Stainless steel is created equal. We carefully select the exact specification of the tube that we use. The use of poor quality tube can compromise the whole design. For Instance, exhaust manifolds experience repeated high-temperature cycles. In these situations, we have seen poor tubing split along the seam.
- We design the head flanges inhouse. However, we outsource the precision waterjet cutting. We use waterjet cutting as it results in a more accurate cut over traditional laser cutting
- Where the manifold meets the exhaust ports, Walton Motorsports process is to push the tubing through the head flange and TIG weld each side. This process is followed by a selection of finishing tools. We do this to create a smooth port for the gasses to freely flow through. Consequently, this process greatly increases the durability of the manifold. Rather than using the traditional method of welding the tube to the face of the flange. Moreover, our method is where we also face the problem of an oval port needing to transition smoothly to a round tube. The stubs process, in short, helps increase power through the improved flow.
- The collector we use is a custom-designed merge collector. We proudly design and build in house. This results, in allowing us to add some features to set it apart from the competition. The first step is to TIG weld the seams inside the collector. Our fabricators then turn their attention to the outside of the collector. They TIG Weld the seams from this direction. The next step is to port the inside of the collector back to a smooth point. Subsequently, this improves gas flow and adds a large amount of strength. Without welding the inside of the collector there is a danger of small fragments breaking off at the high temperatures. These fragments will then make their way through your expensive turbo. We don't need to tell you how bad that can be.
When building an exhaust manifold there are always small compromises caused by space available, to make the most of this we offer two different positions for our JZ Manifolds
Type A features equal length primary pipes ideal for making the most of your turbo setup. Due to engine mount design along with suspension turret positions, Type A sits higher and more rearwards than the Type B. For minimal bonnet modifications we recommend using a turbo no larger dimensionally than a GTX3582. The Type A is ideal for conversions such a Nissan S-Chassis, due to the extra height these chassis allow over models such as a Toyota Supra. Type A also can work with our Fresh Air Anti-lag option.
Type B features room to mount larger turbos such as the Borg Warner S369 on chassis such as the Toyota Supra without bonnet modifications. Its position is very close to other aftermarket brands of manifold designed for the JZ engine. Due to the lower positions, the Type B is unsuitable for the Fresh Air Antilag system.
Bombproof? We haven't found out yet. Our exhaust manifolds have been designed to put up with some serious abuse though. We offer a lifetime warranty on our products as many do. However, we put a huge emphasis on the strength and durability of our products to stop them from failing. The biggest inconvenience when it comes to a failed manifold (providing none of it ends up inside your turbo or engine) is removing it for repair.? By eliminating the failure in the first place, we can honestly say it would be extremely unlikely to experience a failure of our products. Consequently, We wouldn't sleep well at night if our product failed and cost you a result.
*Anti Lag System equipped Manifolds 1 Year Warranty.
Anti Lag System
The 2JZ GE Manifold now has the option of fresh air anti-lag pipework. Our experience fitting these systems to Rally X cars has been transferred onto our JZ range of manifolds. We utilize 16mm tubing and mandrel bends. During welding, we back purge the system leading to smooth flow. Combined with a designed in house billet CNC machined collector flange, consequently, fitment is exclusively designed to be used with the Turbosmart ALV40 fresh air valve.
Fresh Air Antilag places extreme stress onto the exhaust manifold. Along with other turbo and engine components. As a result, we can only offer a 1 Year Warranty on manifolds equipped with this system.
Toyota 2JZGE Exhaust Manifold Features
- Carefully selected 304 Stainless steel tube. Working to eliminate the risk of material failure.
- Fully Purged welded. Subsequently improving gas flow leading to increases in power and lowered response times.
- Ported Merge Collector Welded Internally and Externally. Resulting in high strength, durability and turbo lifespan.
- Curved wastegate port design developed with leading engine tuners to allow high control and remove boost creep.
- Fully Smoothed Head Ports designed to optimize gas flow. As a result, providing an increase in power and lowered response times.
- Optimized for use with the Turbosmart Pro Gate 50 Wastegate
- Optionally compatible with Fresh Air Antilag.
- Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing faults and defects. (ALS Manifolds 1 year)