Japan quake/tsunami donations?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Daze, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Hey guys,

I've just sent an email round at work asking people to donate to help those poor folks over in Japan and just wondered if we could start a similar thing here?

Perhaps start making a list with the amount next to your name of the money you've donated or something?

Well, I think its a good idea anyway... every little helps & all.

I donated here
    2011 Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami

You can also donate here, via the British red cross if you wish
    Donate | British Red Cross

PS: Get some interest on this, maybe bang this link on the Driftworks blog, link to Facebook etc? Lets show our support :thumbs:

1. Daze - 2,000 yen (£15)

2. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

im sure some people would rather just donate it in confidence without the need to tell everyone else on a list how much theyve donated to get approval tbh mate.

3. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Not to get approval buddy, more to just see how much us lot can get together to donate, y'know?

It'll be nice if this grew into a 10+ page thing with a healthy figure by the end of it, proving even my small donation combined with others of less or more amounts results in a big sum by the end of things.

Well, I thought it would be good :rolleyes:

4. Mikey7

Mikey7 New Member

5. CianDon

CianDon Member

Hey there. I like all of us have watched on in amazement at the sheer scale of destruction seen throughout Japan following last weeks huge Earthquake and resulting Tsunami. With many friends scattered throughout Japan I really want to help those left with absolutely nothing but hurt, destruction and fear.

I must compliment Paddy and the Wexican team in organising that track day on Saturday but many can't make Mondello so I've made up this little sticker to show our support to our Japanese brethren. I've enquired about getting these printed but just want to know how much intrest there'd be in them.

I reckon they'd be €5/£4.50 delivered when their sorted. All money will go straight to the Irish Red Cross.

I'll post payment stuff if there's some intrest.
    PLEASE think of the Japanese people at this time.
    Thank's
    CianDon

[​IMG]

6. Paddy

Paddy Speedhunter

Fair play Cian, if you need any help, just get in touch !

7. CianDon

CianDon Member

Nice one Paddy. The printing crowd are giving a very good price for 200 so thats a start anyway. I'll have to get this out there ASAP and hopefully I might just have some for ya on Saturday if you want them and if not maybe the West Cork Rally on Sunday

8. mcxxvi

mcxxvi i take pictures

donated via red cross already, hope the money raised will be enough to help

9. wst

wst Member

I'll get the taxpayer in this house to donate for me and get that lovely giftaid bonus thing which is an extra 23% added to whatever you donate, then I'll pay him back.

#9 wst, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017