Rugby World Cup 2011

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Autospecs, Aug 23, 2011.

?

Who is going to win The 2011 Rugby World Cup?

1. New Zealand

33.7%
  2. Australia

3.6%
  3. South Africa

4.8%
  4. England

27.7%
  5. France

1.2%
  6. Wales

21.7%
  7. Other:

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Oh and by the way 31.94% of you lot are total idjits who know nothing about rugby - voting for England.:wack::wack::wack:

2. lyf

lyf Member

What a load of wank, was like watching football! I think what England need is a decent fly half and a consistent scrumhalf. Just utter shite. Will be supporting the sheep shaggers from now on I think. New Zealand are not as good as I thought the were going to be.

3. str18

str18 Member

Ooooooops silly england

4. deano_123

deano_123 Member

FAO jonny wlkinson, go back to france and retire

5. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

Ha england is out! Cummon wales :)

6. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Well, My Saturday predictions were correct :) lets see about Sunday...... Oh, and another one for Sunday: Vetal to win Japanees GP by about 40 seconds

Jono

7. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

You'll be a dispointed Teddy then eh :wave:

Brew, Sunday?

8. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

France still have no votes in the poll.................

9. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Johnny Wilkinson thought tackle is what you take fishing.

10. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Aussie sneaked through amazing, no possesion, no territory and the smallest of margins, damn what a brutal game, Smit's face told the story at the end of game interview.

South Africa were very very unlucky not to have won that game, difficult to say the best team won on the day.

11. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

4 teams left now heading into the Semi Finals 3 of them coached by Kiwi's looks like NZ has a 75% chance of getting a win in this world cup one way or the other.

12. bkvj

bkvj enden?

The rev was a total dickwad though, There where many high tackles he missed from Aussie's side but as soon as one was made by the 'boks it was penalty time.

The penalty given against roussou was also retarded:no:

13. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

I agree the ref didn't favour S.A. at all, aussie were unbelievably lucky to win that game and I wouldn't say the best team won on the day thats for sure.

14. T.K

T.K kudo fruiting

You mean at the line out? You sure? Tackling in the air is completely illegal, not to mention bloody dangerous. Penalty was a total fair enough.

SA should have won though. Schalk Burger was absolutely incredible.

15. docwra

docwra Active Member

Weirdly I thought England were the better team against France but kept fumbling that last pass, and the Boks were better than Oz ....... and I really dont know what happened there. Their forward were like a pack of Wolves, awesome :worthy:

Either way, the Boks would have destroyed England or France, so looks like a Wales-Australia final. Come on the taffs. :D

16. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Doc seems you know nothing about rugby mate with thought england were better than france , england were their dissmal selves and as for aus wales final , ha its NZ wales or france in the final.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-experts/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503159&objectid=10757821

Asked to do some thrilling stuff too, England's backline had all the alignment and class of a drunken sailor.

They weren't helped by a clumsy pack with a collection of players who ramped up their error rate.

the team nor the coaches knew how to build phase-play that would have allowed them to consistently get the ball into the hands of speedsters like Ben Foden and Chris Ashton.

It became a pass and hope routine, hope that teammates would catch the ball behind their shoulder or in their ear or along the deck.

They looked like an Austin 7 driver shifting a struggling machine from first gear straight into fourth - clunk.

#96 Autospecs, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  17. docwra

docwra Active Member

Naaah mate, only played it for 15 years and watched it since I was 2, my Dad used to play for the RAF. :rolleyes:

England had a shitty 25 minutes in the first half but I thought had the stronger forwards, the more imaginitive backs, quicker ball from the breakdowns, more possession and more territory over the whole match.

The stupid mistakes, missed catches and knock ons were the difference, same as it has been for years with us. :(

I suppose the Ozzies were far better than the Springboks in your eyes too were they? :rolleyes:

18. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Lol doc no way mate the boks should have won that game but couldnt get the points still dont know why or how aus won that game, the boks have always been my second favorite rugby team ever since i was a wee whipper snapper so we talking near half a century, they were/are much better than aussie.

19. docwra

docwra Active Member

Aye, couldnt believe it - the Boks didnt look like they were doing anything wrong, quite the opposite, and I couldnt see that the Aussies were amazing by any means. That said, a drop goal or penalty and it would have been a different result, the Aussies got lucky. :nod:

Im not saying England played well, they didnt, but on the whole I thought they were better though - remove the mistakes like: "it became a pass and hope routine, hope that teammates would catch the ball behind their shoulder or in their ear or along the deck" and we would have won that by 10+, easy. :nod:

Kiwis were good, but not as good as Ive seen them earlier in the tournament ....... they arent getting something stuck in their throats now are they?? ;)

And am I fuck going to listen to any quote from a Southern Hemisphere writer on Englands performance, we could win 10 cups in a row and they would still be calling us shit. :smash:

20. Autospecs

Autospecs JDM Car Export

Not choking, foxing, we wonder ourselves if they have been holding something back, and many believe they are, the last game of the tri nations they let aussie get away on them and then boom in the space of 15 or 20 minutes poored on 20 points and then slowed up again, they have been foxing. Every other world cup they have been thrashing everyone by miles and fall over so maybe they are taking it easy and turn it all on when needed, would be great if that happens. We'll find out this weekend I guess.

Dont know if you listened to this parody Where the F***'s Webb Ellis? - Music - NZ Herald Audio kinda sums it up.

And yeah I understand about north south writers giving it big heaps against the other teams we get it all the time from a guy called stephen jones i think is his name, he writes absolute shit about the southern teams its ridiculous.

#100 Autospecs, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011