project moneypit

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by yassa, Apr 1, 2013.

1. yassa

yassa Member

so without any planning or info i bought this little beast with a measly 145k miles on the clock.
    [​IMG]
    first thing was to get the diff welded and fit a bucket seat and harness and do some of this:
    [​IMG]
    which promptly killed the clutch so a new clutch was fitted and some mirrors so i could see behind me, the stupid headlights were reverted to standard as they iluminated the floor and not much else,

the car looked pretty poor to be fair and i got my first paycheck at my new job so treated it to some new shoes
    [​IMG]

rear tyres were looking a little fat so stretched on some skinny rubber, 165/50 on 8j
    [​IMG]

decided to bodge some plastic on the front as i hate how high the bumper sits, grinder will be introduced to the springs soon enough though
    [​IMG]

and thats where it currently stands, just need a few bits and then just skid it and crash it lots

2. yassa

yassa Member

ok so its had, new ball joints, new plugs, rear caliper and handbrake sorted, a fresh mot, exhaust all welded up and made properly with no leaks and nice and high and a set of meisterr's fitted and wound down as far as they go and then some more by sacraficing some pre-load, in the future i need a new fuel tank as this one pisses out so if anyone has one please let me know and im going to be replacing all the bushes as mine are pretty poor. Drove the car home from the garage and it drove lovely, nice ride and the steering felt much lighter. Can't thank MnM engineering enough for doing the work to such a high standard and working with jerrick to get the coilovers to me within hours of requesting them and without a delivery charge :bow: with the car now driving lovely and being nice and low i decided to go and pick someone up, after aproximately 2 miles the batery light decided to come on and then the temperature went up so i promptly coasted into a petrol station where lying in the undertray was the aux belt (alternator and water pump) and after topping the water up i realised it seems to have popped a hole in the bottom of the rad and possibly in other places too. Again it was MnM engineering to the rescue as they kindly allowed me to have the aa drop it at the workshop.
    [​IMG]

3. Doritofu

Doritofu Active Member

Looks surprisingly nice for a mx5 haha. What wheels are those? They look sweet.

4. Sotiris Miata

Sotiris Miata New Member

Nice Miata(and of course RED!!)Wheels look like Rota BM8's.

5. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Little dan right?
    It's Alfie.

Still got the 14?

6. yassa

yassa Member

they are corvette wheels and have a dished centre making them et -13 whereas bm8's have a flat centre making them et0, yep alfie dad is competing in bdc in the s14 this year. Sotiris im sorry to dissapoint but it wont be red for much longer haha.

7. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Roller paint it battleship grey?
    Ive got like 4 litres left over after doing the MG and it looks shit hot