Anti Roll Bar removal?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Guy B, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Depends on spring rates, geo, driving style, tyres, speed etc.
    try it, see if you like it or not, but a tip from me, if removing it, go with stiffer springs.
    From my experience, cars always steer better with them on the front.

2. DriftZ

DriftZ New Member

took my front ARB out 2 years ago... noticed allot more grip up front without it in. *I have coilovers.

3. nissan_PL

nissan_PL Member

True, in Poland there are just a few who run ARB (also because suspension kits like TDP.ie or WiseFab do not support ARB as bolt on - they make less angle). But nevertheless front ARB will give you a little more rear grip...

4. Adam s

Adam s Member

I don't run an anti roll bar on the front of my v8 skyline

I'd recommend if your not going to run one buy some grippy front tyres or you will have massive under steer

5. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

This ^^

A few people on this thread are running modded geo with roll centre correction which generally means increased roll stiffness which reduces the need for an arb. Generally you want to use the arb to make your car stiffer in roll than it is in pitch but if you're running super stiff suspension and arb will probably give you too much additional stiffness so you'll be better off without

6. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I can't see any situation where no ARB would be better than running one.
    It's always a compromise for either an engine swap or a knuckle setup.

7. armt350

armt350 Member

If your going to run the knuckles anyways why make the compromise? On my FD I did a couple events without a front sway bar after I tore a mount and found that it wasn't lifting my inside tire as much on entry as it did with a stiff front ARB. Either was workable but the car "felt" more smooth without the ARB.

8. ZacKisBacK

ZacKisBacK Member

Or use the sikky arb.

9. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

With no anti-roll bars you will get the leading tyres dig in more on corner entry giving you more grip, which is nice, but you will sacrifice stability and rear end grip mid-corner and corner exit without them.

Personally heard Aasbo and Mad Mike say this at snetterton when talking car setup, and it makes sense when you think about it. Yeah roll can be reduced with stiffer suspension, but you will in turn lose some grip if very stiff.

10. nissan_PL

nissan_PL Member

Are you sure?
    Removing front anti roll bar will decrease (a bit) your rear grip not front as far as my knowledge and expierience goes...

11. nissan_PL

nissan_PL Member

You mean more grip of front leading tire?
    If your car is set (alignment, weights, proper tires) more less correct, while drifting you are much below line of loosing grip on front tires, so from my expierience loosing front-end grip almost does not occure no matter on sway bar.

And I agree, that front bar gives you a litte more stability and grip of rear tires.

12. nissan_PL

nissan_PL Member

I agree. My opinion is simillar.
    I run TDP.ie front suspension, and I prefer it with sway bar. It gives you a little less angle, but this huge, close to 60deg., angle you do not use in competition.