WHICH IMPORT COMPANY TO USE?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Masongw15, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Masongw15

Masongw15 New Member

Hi there guys,

Im looking to import a jzx100 in the very near future and was wondering if anyone could recommend or strictly NOT recommend using? Ive seen so many different companies on facebook and on websites and cant decide who is trustworthy and who isnt as ive heard so many different opinions from everyone. I would ideally like to use someone who i have some sort of guarantee or contract with as i dont want to be transferring money to some complete stranger who could just run off with it without me being covered in any way.

Any help will be much appreciated. this is my first time importing and if all is successful ill be planning on many more in the future.

Cheers guys

anh-7-1024x576.

2. Ashley Bryers

Ashley Bryers New Member

I'd highly recommend Andy @ power vehicles, great guy, great service. Extremely thorough and will help you through the process with any questions or queries you may have!

• Like Like x 1
  3. antz

antz Active Member

I used Moacir at Royal Trading. A lot of importers all around the world use them as their source for cars. Why pay a premium to a Uk based company when you can go direct to the Japanese dealer directly?
    The paperwork at the UK side is a piece of piss to do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Japanese Used Cars. They are a sponsor on here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SupremeTeam

SupremeTeam New Member

Another vote for Japaneseusedcars

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nite_Shayde

Nite_Shayde Active Member

Steer clear of JapWest Mods.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

I used Torque GT when I got my Chaser.

Could not be easier to use. I paid my deposit and as well as looking themselves they gave me access to the action site. Gotta pick out my car online and take a look at the auction sheet too. Once I had won I paid half and it was on the boat to the UK. Jump forward 3 months it was in the UK and I just had to pay the remaining balance. They did a check over in Japan to make sure what was on the sheet was legit and another once it was in the UK just to catch anything that hadn't been listed. In my case the cam belt was past due for a replacement so I had that an alarm fitting and some rust proofing done.

Even the trip down to collect it was cool. At the time they had an 22B, NSX-R, R33 400R and a R34 V-Spec II all on display for some promo work. Plus the cars for other customers (couple of S15's and other sporty things).

Anything you find on FB I'd double check. If you see a company you like do you home work etc. A lot of people will take your money and deliver a car that's only kind of what they promised. Aside from that JapWestMods seem to have a bad rep for late deliveries, misrepresented cars and at worst just taking the money and delivering nothing.

jzx100clean.JPG

#8 Blitz., Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Masongw15

Masongw15 New Member

thanks everyone for that, really helpful! i have been speaking to someone from torque gt so i think im going to use them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. theholty

theholty OH NOES

Howcome? He's local to me to I was considering using him next time I import something...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

See this thread for more info on ML Imports - https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/ml-imports.280841/

See this one for more info on Japwestmods feedback -

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/buying-from-japwestmod-caution.269503/
    https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/my-sad-story-with-japwest-mod.281929/

IMO Pay the premium and buy with JM Imports, Torque GT or Harlow.

Pay the bill or run the risk. If you dont mind dealing with the fact that most of the cool imports are 20-30 years old and you'll have to do a lot of work with a cheap one then go with one of the cheap guys.

The days of "Mint Jap Imports" for good money are gone, Mint comes with a price!

12. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

As Fraser said really.

I got messed about with ML Imports a lot, wouldn't reply to my messaged for weeks on end, always had to chase him and he kept finding the type of cars I didn't want ( grade R, manual swaps etc). Got a huge message from him when I left a bad review on his page saying how hes under staffed and a few other things. Very unprofessional in my opinion and at the end of the day if I'm wanting to spend around £15K with someone I'd like them to reply within a reasonable time frame and not show me cars I do not want.

I've seen on Facebook some of the cars hes brought in which isn't up to par, rusty stuff.

Been told a few times that hes a nice guy which I'm sure is true however business isn't for him and that he has a bad agent in Japan.

That's been my dealings with him anyways, take it or leave it.

13. Ginetta2785

Ginetta2785 New Member

Has anyone filed a criminal complaint against him ?