E46 M3 HSD monopro coilover issue

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by crazyazz, Jan 2, 2018.

1. crazyazz

crazyazz New Member

Hi guys,

I have an issue with installing a set of HSD monopro coilovers in my E46 M3.

All the problems relate to the rear setup, first there is no way I can install the bolt and disc shown into the rear spring. The drive shaft seems to be in the way.

Also with the spring adjusters set to full low the ride hide is way too high. I would like it to be at least 15mm lower. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated from anyone that has installed this kit in a e46 M3 before.

IxPPwn5.

vJxRZJK.

2. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey,

Sorry to see you're having issues with this kit. What spring rates did you go for when you ordered the coilovers?

You can fully remove the rear spring adjusters so that should drop it around 10-15mm

Rich

3. crazyazz

crazyazz New Member

Just the standard street spring rates. So is it normal for the bolt not to fit also?

4. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Hi, Did the kit come from us? The instructions look like our very old instructions, but also our kit doesn't include those anti roll bar drop links.
    I seem to recall I couldn't fit the bolt on mine either, but it's not needed as the adjuster stays captive without issue. You may need to remove the whole adjuster looking at your car though. That looks weirdly high.