DVLA Delays

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Joe_Butlerr, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Joe_Butlerr

Joe_Butlerr New Member

Hi Guys

I was just wondering if anyone who has recently registered a car during the coronavirus delays could tell me how long it took for their application to come back? The DVLA are obviously having massive delays but they won't specify how severe they are, they just say "there are some delays" which makes you think "well yeah no sh*t"

I bought a 180SX back in Feb, some of you may have seen it, the red one on ML Imports. I have been to see it now it is in the UK and it is beautiful, the underside is spotless I am absolutely shocked especially given the price. It will be my first S Chassis and am looking forward to it massively. Anyway after shipping delays and other issues it finally got here in June and the papers were sent off a little over 2 months ago. Just wondering if anyone knew how long of a wait I have left based on their experience in the past few months. Right now I am expecting minimum another month but it could well be way longer.

Any help you guys can offer is massively appreciated. I just want a better idea of the situation and extent of delays rather than just being told repeatedly that there are in fact delays.

Cheers guys

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. antz

antz Active Member

I know a lad who waited 12 weeks for the DVLA to register his car and I recently waited 10 weeks for a basic V5 application and owner change after the previous owner lost the V5. I wrote the cheque in June and they only cashed it last week.

Takes the piss.

3. Joe_Butlerr

Joe_Butlerr New Member

Yeah it is pretty frustrating, especially as this is my only car at the moment qnd I can't drive it on the road. I'd get a cheap mx5 or something but I know if i do that the dvla will send the documents through next day.

But thanks that's useful, hopefully I'm past the halfway point at least

4. Roofless_

Roofless_ Active Member

I think its not so bad now.

Had a JZX100 imported and it took 2 weeks but the DVLA wasn't taking on anymore (this was 2 months ago maybe?).

Bought a number plate online from the DVLA and the documents + the new logbook came back within 3 - 4 days of buying the plates.

So based off of that I don't believe its too bad anymore.

5. Joe_Butlerr

Joe_Butlerr New Member

I think they are still pretty bad. I have been waiting 10 weeks at this point as the documentation was sent middle of July. But hopefully it'll come back soon.