pedal box

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by JWW, Oct 27, 2017.

1. JWW

JWW New Member

Im building a drift car and i want to install a floor mounted pedal box. but i dont quite understand the setup people use. Do you need a brake booster? Reason i ask is because in all the images ive seen there is no sign of a booster. would i need a remote booster. The car is still road legal!

2. Gabriel90

Gabriel90 Member

No, you will not be using a brake booster. The pedal box will have two cylinders for the brakes (one for the rear and one for the fronts and a bias valve/bar) and one cylinder for the clutch. You may also have remotely located fluid reservoirs. So you need to ensure the bias is set up correctly as braking force is all down to you.

3. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

No booster needed.
    I've driven a car with a pedal box before on the road and it takes some getting used to.

It's like pressing the brake when your engine isn't running, without the initial travel/soft feeling.

As mentioned, you might need to run remote reservoirs but this isn't a requirement. If you're losing your booster, it makes sense to put your reservoirs here.

4. JWW

JWW New Member

so . is the conversion worth it and is it anygood on the road? why the extra reservoir? cheers