RB25DET 200sx

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by swiftmini, Jul 5, 2009.

1. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Here are some taster pics from testing/practice at weston super mare yesterday (sat 20th)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pics by Chris lewis

I had a really awesome day, got some extremely usefull testing done. I went off at around 3pm and broke a bottom balljoint and damaged my kit a bit on cones throughout the day.

I took a lot of peeps for passenger rides, scared some people which was fun. Iam a newbie but I can't help myself but go as fast I can :D
    Kev

#421 swiftmini, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Pics showing the amount of toe out I had to drive homw with. Damage to kit. Ginger cone scuff lol. Redruth. Odd wheels. Dirt. Ect ect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#422 swiftmini, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  3. Steef

Steef Member

Looks sick with the black R33 wheels!
    Did you paint the roof, or is it Norfy-style vinyl?

4. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Its painted dude, I put the red down and one coat of laquer with flake, Iam going to put down another layer of laquer with flake and then lots and lots of laquer by its self to try and gloss it up and smooth it out.

The gtr's look mint :) better fitment than the equips lol, shame they go for so much money :(

5. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

[​IMG]
    Pic by Rhys

6. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

And another couple vids that chris cooke got. Thanks mate :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

8. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

got sent these screeen shots from floyds vid :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. lorenzos13

lorenzos13 sil80 rb25det

cool vids mate :D
    do you remember if you got trouble with the injector wen you fitted it on the intake manifold godspeed?

10. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Cheers dude.

my intake is a cn racing item from japan. jdm garage uk brought it over for me. all the injectors ect fitted fine i only had to modify the intake to use the standard throttle body.

11. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

here are some pics i took before i went away. shame the weather is gash cose i have until tuesday off of work and could really do with getting on with this. The cars supposed to be on the jdm garage stand.

pics of the roof first, i had a problem with the paint blooming, so i have DAed it right back to the last layer of laquer and will re laquer to get it looking sexy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and more of the arches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More updates once the rain stops

12. PeterT

PeterT fuck diffin.

oh god, no, i dont like the arches at all :(

roof is nicely sparklier now though!

13. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

No worries mate, they are just until i have the funds for over fenders :nod: although i still need to work out which ones will match with the front rocket bunny wings. EPR do the nearest match, apart from the genuine rocket bunny ps13 rear overs.

cheers

14. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Make it clean. Instant Gentleman is posh.

15. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

mmm i agree, its hard to keep it clean whilst learning to drive lol

Iam tempted to make this car into a beater and make the other s13 into the gentleman.

16. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Yesterday i got all the welding finished on the passenger side. Sills were no where near as bad as i first suspected.

I messed up the laquer on my roof so i have decided to fuck off the red shit and try a different colour because i have ran out of red.

Iam hoping to order dw hubs in the next day or so, just cannot be arsed with making and modding hubs all the time. I always end up compromising practice days because i have gone to far or tried to be clever and over complicate shit.

What i have learnt form my moddings and playing with the hubs is that my car is amazing to drive with the roll centre correction stuff i made up, easily one of the best mods i had done to my car, made it very easy to feel the balance when fast roading it or skidding. I could make more stuff to replicate the bits that i broke but for easy repairs and reliability i think geo knuckles are the way forward. It was something that clarkey pointed out and then i experieced it for myself. I broke a modded balljoint, now if it had been standard i could have been back on the track within half hour, but because it was a modded part that was the end of my days drifting.

17. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Roof is now black.

Driverside sill is half welded, this side was alot worse than t'other side. I think the plan is gonna be to get this through an mot and then just abuse it for 12 months or possibly longer and just keep it going until it needs a reshell. theres just no point trying to keep this nice and skid it aswell.

I have been thinking about some other ideas after looking through mittos latest project, ideas regarding ride height and roll centres.

On the front i have no modifications to move roll centre. But i modded the hubs to have the balljoints 60mm lower and also lowered the trackrod end mounting by 60mm.

On the rear i have raised the subframe by about 15-20mm (need to measure a stock bush) and the godspeed lower arm adds about another 20mm ish of rc correction.

With the Driftwork hubs i will then be running (effectively) 35-40mm of correction + the 35mm drop from the hub, this means i will have 70-75mm correction on the rear and only 50mm on the front. IMO based on what i have read and learnt, i think that will be terrible. I would much prefer to incline the roll axis towards the front of the car, rather than towards the rear.

This means that i need to alter my suspension pickup points on the chassis (or front crossmember/subframe). I know this is something that mitto is thinking about also.

Ideally the LCA inner pickups need to be moved upwards by about 20-25mm. In the past on hot hatches when playing around i have literally just drilled the holes in different positions, but now iam wiser i know that thats not a good plan because it can seriously upset the bump steer caracteristics because the arms will be out of sync, similar to the fuck i made when doing my own knuckles.

So basically i need to move the whole crossmember up, so that the rack moves with the LCA pickups and also the engine will go higher giving me more ground clearance and the possibility to go lower :D I need to make a new crossmember anyways so this should be fairly easy and fun little mod.

I suppose the easiest way would be to put the rear subby standard and only run the hubs :wack: something to think about anyways.

18. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

I agree. These hubs are on my wish list too!

19. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

:nod: i have been doing lots and lots of overtime at work to try and get some cash together so i can sort this properly. iam tired of meesing about and just want to drive now :dw:

20. Magic21

Magic21 Active Member

Empty your inbox kev. Light pod pics ready!